JOIN LINDY LIVE FROM THE MS ZAANDAM Sept 24 to Oct 12, 2011

lindalans

Hi Lindy,

I've been thinking about you. I enjoyed reading your report on your Hawaii cruise. I kept admiring your patience dealing with the many, many problems and disappointments you encountered. I read that you got home safely, but haven't seen anything since. Has the heel healed?

Lindy: thanks for posting so much about your cruise. Because of this, I was aware of the need for better info for handicapped passengers. We sailed on the Oct. 9th Veendam cruise to Bermuda. There were some passengers in wheelchairs but I do not know their various handicapps--some may be able to get out and walk short distances, etc. There would've been no way you alone could have got off the ship in Hamilton. The ramp was interesting just to walk up and down.

On an excursion from St. George around the island they had a problem getting space for the folding wheelchair. They had to jerryrig something. Luckily, the passenger was able to walk on to the bus with relatives helping. She never was able to get off the bus at certain stops do to the fuss and also the layout of the land at those stops. On the glass bottom boat ride she was told it was wheelchair accessible. No way! we had to go down concrete steps to get to the edge of the boat and then balance ourselves on a narrow board to get on. No way for a wheelchair person with limited walking could get to the top of the boat and the benches around the glassbottom didn't have wide spaces for legs!. She got a refund

I wrote all this down for HAL in my evaluation and hope someone sees it. I had hurt my foot prior to the cruise and although this was not a major injury it sure made me think about handicapped passengers. The cruise was wonderful though. Carol

The difference in reviews may be because Ponte's posting was only about the suite. Not the ship in general, or the crew or itinerary. There seems to be an issue with that particular cabin.

Thank you so much for your understanding and response, I truly appreciate it. Ponte

• 2 weeks later...
I'm home!

Tired and happy to be back on firm ground.

I will complete my report and answer all questions over the weekend.!

"

I absolutely agree with Laura's statement above.

Hi Lindy - been wading thro all your recent mails - to see if I had missed the above promise's completion - and especially any comment to my - and lagunaman's - request for your views on the ship and her reported "Tiredness"

Ta!!!!

Archived