Celebrity Cruiser Tries Azamara - Journey Review 17th September France and Italy

excitedofharpenden

Kel, not sure when you last went on Azamara and if it was pre or post Club. There's an interesting review on the ACC board that compares the two and mirrors the feeling friends I travelled with had. They thought there was quite a noticeable improvement, even going so far as to say they preferred the food to Silversea, knowing of course that food is subjective.

Phil

I am cureous about the comparison of pre and post club (since we cruised preclub)onm ACC, but was unable to find the post. Can you help?

We've also been on both (+ the Tahitian Princess, another r class ship). Dw liked the food more on O, which was a little more creative). I thought the food was a little better on A, which was more traditional. On either ship the food is excellent restaurant quality level, vs good food, banquet quality on mass market lines. BTW the TP was nice ship, the Princess food was just ok. The small ships are great for elagance, food and service + you tend to bond more with other pax. They have most amenities of larger ships but are toned down. We also liked open seating, which now is becoming more available on most mass market lines. Depending upon price and itinerary, we're open to most options, but have avoided mega sized ships. M class (which is our next cruise) is big enough for us.

Food remark is very helpful--thanks! What about entertainment? A as excruciating as O? (In general I find every ship I sail on to have worse entertainment than the one before, but O is in a class by itself for awfulness)

I miss Cunard/NAC--the R class ships don't compare for elegance with the Sagafjord of blessed memory...(For what it's worth, I think the 700 passenger ship that sets the standard today (at least as far as premium, rather than luxury, pricing goes) is the Prinsendam, but there is only 1 of it...

I am cureous about the comparison of pre and post club (since we cruised preclub)onm ACC, but was unable to find the post. Can you help?

Here you go dabear. It was a review that I found thorough and objective:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484494

Phil

Food remark is very helpful--thanks! What about entertainment? A as excruciating as O? (In general I find every ship I sail on to have worse entertainment than the one before, but O is in a class by itself for awfulness)

Comments from friends who went to a couple of the shows included "it was a bit like amateur night". They said CD Tony Markey was entertaining. I just don't think the entertainment is part of the deal on Azamara. The guitarist who played occasionally at the aft bar and harpist in the Martini Bar were excellent though.

Phil

Here you go dabear. It was a review that I found thorough and objective:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484494

Phil

Thanks for the post. We were on on A Journey in 2008, pre club on a 12 day south American cruise and enjoyed it so comments on improvements with the club are enticing. The personal service started right at the port after a poor taxi ride and an A rep took us personally through embarking as she saw we were upset. It calmed us down. It appears the 2 biggest differences of pre vs post club are: specialty restaurants were no extra charge but limited right to make advance reservations (now $15 surcharge) and drinks, including wine, are now included.

leonardofan: The entertainment on A was a touch better than O, but that could have been solely picking up entertainers , either locally or from other ships. Broadway reviews are weak on both A and O (and I've note have declined on the bigger ships also). In fact we cruised on the Connie 2 years in a row and it was the same show each cruise.

Archived