Nacho and Cynthia

Muddog

Thank you to the others who posted. We are really looking forward to Nacho & Cynthia. Can't wait. I still have no joiners for our tour- still looking. Anyone sailing the Dream 11/10/2012 you can find us on the roll call for that sailing. Looking for 4-10 pp to join us.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you to the others who posted. We are really looking forward to Nacho & Cynthia. Can't wait. I still have no joiners for our tour- still looking. Anyone sailing the Dream 11/10/2012 you can find us on the roll call for that sailing. Looking for 4-10 pp to join us.

Keep that active in your roll call. You'll be suprised how many new folks will start popping in about September looking for ideas. You can basically give nacho a heads up 2-3 days before you sail with a count, so long as you don't go over his van's limit.

And maybe search what other ships will be in Belize the same day as you're scheduled and venture out to their roll calls as well.

How was this excursion with young children??? Were they tired or too small for the tubes? I have a 8 and 6 year old and just want to be sure that the kids will be able to do the tour.

They truly are a great couple to have as guides. My group did not do the cavetubing but we went on to see the ruins. Nacho kept up informed & entertained all the time; from the time we go into the air conditioned vehicle to the time we went back to catch the tender). Cynthia is a great driver.

My group of 17 was definately in the best hands with this couple (6 kids aged 4-10; 3 elders and everyone else 40 and under). We had an unforgettable time in Belize and we owe it all to Nacho & Cynthia.

Milly

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise the first week in June and we used Nacho and Cynthia (NCQADVENTURETOURS.COM) for zip lining and cave tubing in Belize. We had a really great time and my MIL broke the record for the oldest person to zip line (74). She loved it and can't wait to go again. The day was first class all the way! The tubes for cave tubing are very comfortable with a bottom and headrest. Nacho and Cynthia's knowledge of Belize is amazing and he will entertain you both to and from the zip line and cave tubing destination. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep an eye on the time so you get back to the dock on time. Everyone in our family, from 15 to 74 can't stop talking about what a GREAT time we had with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize and can't wait to go back again.Make sure to provide Nacho with a phone number when making your reservations as he personally calls everyone to confirm.:D:D:D:D

P.S. We used a large company for the same excursion previously and had a HORRIBLE experience, so we HIGHLY recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia.

• 4 weeks later...
How was this excursion with young children??? Were they tired or too small for the tubes? I have a 8 and 6 year old and just want to be sure that the kids will be able to do the tour.

We just got back from our cruise on the Carnival Dream. We did cave tubing with Nacho and Cynthia with my 5 and 9 year olds. They did just fine. My 5 year old sat on my husband's lap and my 9 year old had her own tube (she is tall for her age). N&C treated them like grandchildren :) It was great!

We have a group of 10, does anyone know what the cost of cave-tubing would be?

I was quoted my choice of either (1) $35 per person OR (2) Free excursion for the organizer and a free t-shirt. Everybody else plays the standard $40 rate.

• 1 month later...

DH and I did cave tubing and zip lining last week (Aug 22, 2012) with Nacho & Cynthia. They are still going strong and doing a great job. We loved doing this tour with them, and we really enjoyed being the only people on the tour with them. It wasn't crowded at all, and Cynthia went above & beyond to find me shorts to tube in (I had left my swimsuit bottoms in my stateroom!) Nacho's riddles are a hoot!!

Shagga Mama - Can you tell how much you paid for the zip line/cave tour and how long it was? We've got at least 4 in our group interested, but trying to get an idea of the cost. Thanks!

We paid $125/person BUT if it's 4 people the price goes down to $110/person. We got off the boat fairly early--I was worried with the tenders that we wouldn't. We drove to Jaguar Paw (takes a little over an hour) and ziplined for 45 mins-1hour. Then we did the cave tubing. It's a 25 min hike and then at least 30 mins to go through the whole thing. It's amazing. And then we ate lunch there, then drove back. We arrived back at the ship with plenty of time to spare. I want to say the entire tour took 4-5 hours. Nacho & Cynthia are very conscientious about getting you back to the ship in time.

Thanks Shagga Mama - I talked with Nacho yesterday. What a character! I had given my information on their site and he called me. We must have talked for over a half an hour. Sounds like a great guy.

We've got at least 4 interested in the zipline/tubing. Maybe a couple more. He gave me a price of $110/ea but said if I get 10 plus myself, he'll give us a freebie. Hubby initially said he didn't want to do that and was going to look for something else, but then he said he'd like to come but skip the zipline (what a wuss! :D).

• 3 months later...

Our Group of 13 is booked with Nacho for next month, we will be going to the Ruins and the Baboon Sanctuary. Same story I received a couple of phone calls from Nacho personally, very friendly and informative. That was my deciding factor in booking, and requesting him personally as our tour guide. One of or best tours was a private tour in St Lucia with the owner of the company Cosol Tours, pretty sure we will be able to say the same thing about Nacho and Cynthia after January.

• 3 weeks later...

of you guys getting to do tours with Nacho and Cynthia.

I wanna do the Ruins and Monkey tour with Nacho on Jan. 23, 2013 but only have 3 in my party so it's too expensive. I gotta get at least 3 more people lined up to go with us:eek: Doesn't seem like many, but I don't know what else to do. I pulled up a list of all the ships in port the same day as me (there are 5 or 6). I went to each of their roll calls and posted the info. No response yet. Only been a couple of days (I know --- holidays at that!)... but I realllllllyyyy wanna have them as our guides.

Anybody got any other ideas how to recruit some peeps to go with us?

My experience is same as you all posted... I filled out his online request for info and 10 minutes later my phone rings. Hello, Amy??? It's Nacho.

Unreal - I soooo wanna support his business.

Fingers crossed...:D

Amy

I forgot to mention that getting off the ship quickly/early seemed to be the "golden ticket" for us. We never waited or shuffled along. When the cruise tours caught up to us, it did get kind of noisy so we were glad for the time we were there ahead of them. VIV leaves the port as soon as the van is full and we didnt wait very long at all to take off from the port. This also got us back to the port before 2:30, leaving us lots of extra time.

• 2 weeks later...
Our Group of 13 is booked with Nacho for next month, we will be going to the Ruins and the Baboon Sanctuary. Same story I received a couple of phone calls from Nacho personally, very friendly and informative. That was my deciding factor in booking, and requesting him personally as our tour guide. One of or best tours was a private tour in St Lucia with the owner of the company Cosol Tours, pretty sure we will be able to say the same thing about Nacho and Cynthia after January.

You will have such a wonderful time with them!! I wonder if Carlos will be going along with you and driving the second van? We loved him!!! Enjoy the baboon sanctuary.. it is still 'in progress' but what an amazing place and even more incredible people running it... FEEL the passion they have for what they are doing..its magical!!

Please give Nacho and Cynthia and Carlos my best.. well, I know he reads these boards....

so... HI NACHO!! Hello CYNTHIA!!! Happy New Year!! And the same to you as well Carlos! :)

• 1 month later...

We were in Belize yesterday and had an awesome day with Nacho and Cynthia they were great tour guides we went to the baboon sanctuary and ALTUN HA... It was truly a fabulous experience and we really enjoyed the personal attention that they give you... The other tours give you a small glass of water they give you bottles of water and soda and take you for a great lunch... It truly was a memorable day thank you Nacho and Cynthia

• 1 month later...

We booked Nacho and Cynthia for our day in Belize over our Spring Break cruise and are very happy we did. After several emails and phone conversations with Nacho (he was extremely patient with us as we kept changing our minds about what we wanted to do) we ending up going to the Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary. We were greeted by Cynthia as soon as we exited the gates and meet up with Nacho and Carlos. There was another group that was doing tours also so we left with Cynthia and headed to Altun Ha. Cynthia was full of information about Belize and we felt like we had been there many times by the time she was finished. They also had a cooler full of water and soda for us. Nacho and the other group meet up with us at Altun Ha and we got a personal tour of the ruins and a lot of history, of not only the ruins, but Belize also. We were half way through the tour before the tour buses started arriving, which were packed full of people. (This made us so glad that we had such personalized attention from Nacho and Cynthia) After Altun Ha, we headed to a small restaurant and had local Belize food, which consisted of brown rice, beans and chicken and was really good. After eating, we split from the other group, which was heading to the zoo. Carlos and Nacho drove us to the Baboon Sanctuary and we got to pet the monkeys. The Baboon Sanctuary was neat but if we had it to do again, we would probably pick the zoo. Nacho took us to a local grocery store so we could purchase some Belize spices and rum (at a fraction of the cost it was at the port) Nacho pointed out some street vendors outside of the port that were safe to shop at and dropped us off where we wanted with directions on how to get to the port (which was very close) We had a great time with Nacho, Cynthia and Carlos and would recommend to anyone going to Belize. They have a love for their country and you will leave with a desire to come back. Nacho was hilarious with his riddles and full of knowledge and love for his country. Cynthia was very sweet and also full of knowledge and love for Belize. They are a very sweet couple and you felt like you knew them for years by the end of the tour. The prices was cheaper than the cruise line since we had them for the entire day (instead of only 4 hours) and the price included lunch. We will be returning again next year, but this time staying for an entire week instead of just a day. Thank you Nacho & Cynthia for sharing your country and opening our eyes to how wonderful Belize is!!

• 2 weeks later...
We booked Nacho and Cynthia for our day in Belize over our Spring Break cruise and are very happy we did. After several emails and phone conversations with Nacho (he was extremely patient with us as we kept changing our minds about what we wanted to do) we ending up going to the Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary. We were greeted by Cynthia as soon as we exited the gates and meet up with Nacho and Carlos. There was another group that was doing tours also so we left with Cynthia and headed to Altun Ha. Cynthia was full of information about Belize and we felt like we had been there many times by the time she was finished. They also had a cooler full of water and soda for us. Nacho and the other group meet up with us at Altun Ha and we got a personal tour of the ruins and a lot of history, of not only the ruins, but Belize also. We were half way through the tour before the tour buses started arriving, which were packed full of people. (This made us so glad that we had such personalized attention from Nacho and Cynthia) After Altun Ha, we headed to a small restaurant and had local Belize food, which consisted of brown rice, beans and chicken and was really good. After eating, we split from the other group, which was heading to the zoo. Carlos and Nacho drove us to the Baboon Sanctuary and we got to pet the monkeys. The Baboon Sanctuary was neat but if we had it to do again, we would probably pick the zoo. Nacho took us to a local grocery store so we could purchase some Belize spices and rum (at a fraction of the cost it was at the port) Nacho pointed out some street vendors outside of the port that were safe to shop at and dropped us off where we wanted with directions on how to get to the port (which was very close) We had a great time with Nacho, Cynthia and Carlos and would recommend to anyone going to Belize. They have a love for their country and you will leave with a desire to come back. Nacho was hilarious with his riddles and full of knowledge and love for his country. Cynthia was very sweet and also full of knowledge and love for Belize. They are a very sweet couple and you felt like you knew them for years by the end of the tour. The prices was cheaper than the cruise line since we had them for the entire day (instead of only 4 hours) and the price included lunch. We will be returning again next year, but this time staying for an entire week instead of just a day. Thank you Nacho & Cynthia for sharing your country and opening our eyes to how wonderful Belize is!!

We have a family of 9 cruising in June to Belize. We are interested in this tour. Makes me a little nervous booking outside of the cruise lines... but sounds much more personal. Do you have pics of your excursion?

We have a family of 9 cruising in June to Belize. We are interested in this tour. Makes me a little nervous booking outside of the cruise lines... but sounds much more personal. Do you have pics of your excursion?

I will post some pics this week. We were nervous with booking outside the cruise line but after doing the tour with Nacho & Cynthia, our fears were put to rest. They were very careful about the time and constantly checked the current time and made sure we got back with plenty of time to shop. They will make sure that you don't overbook and run out of time. It was very personal and we got such a better feel for Belize then we would have through the cruise line tours. I felt sorry for the cruise passengers backed into the huge buses and hurried from one location to the next, there was nothing personal about it. We were able to set the pace and avoided the huge crowds. Going to the local grocery store was a treat also. Can't recommend them enough!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a tour with Nacho and Cynthia last week. They are terrific and I highly recommend them. We were a group of 4 adults and 6 kids. We were scheduled to go to Altun Ha. They were waiting for us as we got off the ship. Nacho told us about sites as we were heading toward the ruins. Very personalized tour. We got to the ruins before all the large tours and had the place to ourselves until we were about finished.

We also stopped for fresh mangos on the side of the road and a market to pick up a cooking seasoning Cynthia was telling us about. They are the nicest people and know a lot about the area. Nacho was great with our kids too, telling stories and jokes with them. We will use them again if we have another port of call in Belize.

Archived