Pinnacle Price Increase?

cp556

I've been off the boards for a few months now, but wondered when the Pinnacle announced a price increase. On our May cruise this year dinner was $20/person. Just checked for our next cruise aboard Ryndam and the website shows pre-booking price as $25/person.

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks so much...

Carol in SC

Not sure exactly when it changed but we booked on line at $20. On the ship I never did figure out if we were charged correctly. They gave us a $40 credit then a $25 charge which would make sense I guess since we are four star mariners, but then there was another credit of $20 I think if I understand the billing correctly. One was listed as a negative in the debit column and one was listed in the credit column. I went to the desk, but I was so confused after that I don't know what we paid. Our cruise started August 27.

Not sure exactly when it changed but we booked on line at $20. On the ship I never did figure out if we were charged correctly. They gave us a $40 credit then a $25 charge which would make sense I guess since we are four star mariners, but then there was another credit of $20 I think if I understand the billing correctly. One was listed as a negative in the debit column and one was listed in the credit column. I went to the desk, but I was so confused after that I don't know what we paid. Our cruise started August 27.

For anyone who had already booked a reservation, HAL honored the old rate. As of the date of the announcement, new reservation were the increased price.

I don't know why they don't make the entry on the HAL site that would charge the proper price for 3 and 4 Star Mariners. Should be an easy enough thing to set up. It is annoying to pay more than the price will be when we dine and then look to see if the give the proper credit.

The new price increase started on Aug 1st.

Thankfully we had booked several dinner reservations way before that for upcoming cruises.

HAL can set up their site -- if they wanted to -- to give the 3 star and 4 star Mariners the discount prices if they wanted to.

I am so disgusted that we constantly have to fight to get that discount once on the ship. It has never been automatically for us.

If you book online and pay the full amount, you have to ask the PG manager for the discount when you present your prepaid reservation card. It will then be noted on a list and will appear as a credit on your final bill.

I rather suspect that the increase in price was due to the number of 3 and 4 star mariners who now exist. So many people were entitled to a discount that HAL had to raise the price to cover it. Just goes to show that nothing is really free. You pay somewhere.

Thanks, all! I knew I'd get the right answers right here!

We also check our onboard account to be sure we've been credited the Mariner discount ... it's kinda like having to conduct business while on a pleasure cruise ... lol. And last time, aboard Nieuw Amsterdam, there was much confusion about our prepaid Pinnacle dinners which we'd booked online. Like CruisinJudy, after a number of credits and debits on our onboard account we just gave up and accepted the charges as is. I do think it was in our favor, though :)

If you book online and pay the full amount, you have to ask the PG manager for the discount when you present your prepaid reservation card. It will then be noted on a list and will appear as a credit on your final bill.

I rather suspect that the increase in price was due to the number of 3 and 4 star mariners who now exist. So many people were entitled to a discount that HAL had to raise the price to cover it. Just goes to show that nothing is really free. You pay somewhere.

When we arrive at the Pinnacle -- we do remind the manager -- doesn't make any difference -- and there were no lists.

Still have to have the Concierges take care of it for us.

Thanks, all! I knew I'd get the right answers right here!

Like CruisinJudy, after a number of credits and debits on our onboard account we just gave up and accepted the charges as is. I do think it was in our favor, though :)

I am pretty sure ours was in our favor too! They had had enough of my discussion however so I let it stand. I tried.

Excellent observation.

Archived