Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Kelly, welcome! You truly are an inspiration to others!

Well I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2.5 lbs. missed last weeks WI because I was on the road. Now I'm just 7oz shy of the 30 pounds I wanted to lose before the cruise and I still have two more WI. The next stop for me is to be as close to my goal weight in 18 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly, welcome! You truly are an inspiration to others!

Well I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2.5 lbs. missed last weeks WI because I was on the road. Now I'm just 7oz shy of the 30 pounds I wanted to lose before the cruise and I still have two more WI. The next stop for me is to be as close to my goal weight in 18 weeks!

Congrats!! You're on your way to making that goal.

Well I've had two weigh ins and have lost 10 pounds. :) I have a looooooong way to go but I'll take each 10 pounds at a time. Now I just need to get active!

Congratulations!! That's a great accomplishment! It may be long way to go but you are closer today than where you were 10 pounds ago! Keep up the good work. Nothing is more satisfying then knowing your hard work is paying off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've had two weigh ins and have lost 10 pounds. :) I have a looooooong way to go but I'll take each 10 pounds at a time. Now I just need to get active!

I also have a really long way to go, but I try to just stay focused on what's happening right now because thinking about all the weight I have to lose is pretty overwhelming. You're doing fantastic so far, congrats. Keep up the great work.

Great results from everyone this week. You are all doing so well and feeling the results of your hard work. I had my WI yesterday, and went the wrong way. I was up .4, but I missed a week, and lost track of my tracking mid way through last week. So while my results are not surprising, I am back on track for this week and expect to see movement in the right direction next week.

Nikki

Thanks. I'd love to lose 20 lbs for our cruise at the end of August. Just to feel better. DH and I have never gained on a cruise so far, but then again I might not be able to take the stairs as much as in the past with my bad knee.

Edited by KandCsailing

Great results from everyone this week. You are all doing so well and feeling the results of your hard work. I had my WI yesterday, and went the wrong way. I was up .4, but I missed a week, and lost track of my tracking mid way through last week. So while my results are not surprising, I am back on track for this week and expect to see movement in the right direction next week.

Nikki

Getting back on track is the way to go!

My weigh in is today.

WI this morning, lost 1.9 lbs, so almost lost what I had gained at last week's WI. My fruit and veggie intake is really down. I got really tired of the veggie soup that I had with lunch every day, and haven't replaced it with anything. Need to get back to all the veggies I was eating.

Being active is the best thing to add. My SIL lost a lot of weight (too much) on a real Dr's diet. She was his "star pupil". However, he did not encourage exercise and she had almost zero muscle tone. She cruised with us during that time and overweight & unfit me was hauling her giant suitcase and my medium one while trying to keep up with my also not so fit DH and his luggage in the airport. It was one of those diets where they really restricted what foods you can eat and then they slowly add more variety in as you lose. Unfortunately she's gained everything back.

I was up 2.2 lbs. yesterday at my WI. Add the 2 lbs. from the week before that that equals one discouraged person. I'm OP. I am also having a very, very bad fibro flare....and that is what happens to me....blah.

I was 1.4 lbs. from my happy goal (I'm below my official goal...have to be at goal to be able to work. But I have a happy goal and then a little more I'd like to lose before our cruise in November so I have wiggle room). And now I am 5.8 lbs. from that elusive goal. I will just keep plugging along.

Do you ever get in a meal planning rut? I'm in a rut. I enjoy cooking, but the past year or so it's become such a chore. I think because the people are all in and out and nobody is ever home to eat. So I cook and eat alone and put it away and the people (I have 3 boys 19, 20 and 22 and my husband is a truck driver and not here often for dinner) come in and heat it up. So frustrating, and takes the joy out of it.

So I'm in a rut. What are ya'll eating for dinner lately?

I was up 2.2 lbs. yesterday at my WI. Add the 2 lbs. from the week before that that equals one discouraged person. I'm OP. I am also having a very, very bad fibro flare....and that is what happens to me....blah.

I was 1.4 lbs. from my happy goal (I'm below my official goal...have to be at goal to be able to work. But I have a happy goal and then a little more I'd like to lose before our cruise in November so I have wiggle room). And now I am 5.8 lbs. from that elusive goal. I will just keep plugging along.

Do you ever get in a meal planning rut? I'm in a rut. I enjoy cooking, but the past year or so it's become such a chore. I think because the people are all in and out and nobody is ever home to eat. So I cook and eat alone and put it away and the people (I have 3 boys 19, 20 and 22 and my husband is a truck driver and not here often for dinner) come in and heat it up. So frustrating, and takes the joy out of it.

So I'm in a rut. What are ya'll eating for dinner lately?

First of all, do not let the discouragement get in the way of your happy goal. I also set my WW goal a little higher than I really want to be, but my plan is to weigh slightly less than that. It will be even harder to reach, but I need that goal for my own satisfaction. At my age, ( 67 next month) I will never again be able to weigh in the range I was at 40, so I have decided where I will be happy and that is my happy goal.

I roast or grill a pork tenderloin every week, and am able to plan many dinners around that. I eat it hot, as a sandwich, in fajitas, make fried rice with brown rice and lots of veggies, maybe a salad, a soup, etc. All the same meat, but everything tastes a little different. Do the same with a rotisserie chicken. even if you must eat alone, plan as though you are having a dinner party. Put on some music you enjoy, set the table with your good china and silver. You deserve it! Be sure to eat sitting at the table. If it is nice weather, eat outside. Plan a picnic in the park.

Good luck in reaching that happy goal.

Nikki

I was in a meal planning rut, too! I just joined The Fresh 20. It's a menu planning service and very low cost (maybe $5/month). You get a new menu every week and it's also pretty healthy. My family has enjoyed it a lot. If you do your chopping/prep on the weekend (it explains how), the weeknight meals end up taking 15 minutes. Love it!

Hang in Kelly

I had really good news this AM. Away in South Carolina Charleston, Kiawah Island and Hilton Head for last 11 days. Low Country Comfort food all around. I didn't avoid eating it either...

Did two things to counteract and control...TRACKED all 11 days...even a couple of minus 12 days. AND

INCREASED ACTIVITY. . Walked, biked, golf...the weather helped make it eaaier...54 activity points according to AL for the week that ended yesterday

This morning's WI...down .4

Edited by seavoyager6

Hang in Kelly

I had really good news this AM. Away in South Carolina Charleston, Kiawah Island and Hilton Head for last 11 days. Low Country Comfort food all around. I didn't avoid eating it either...

Did two things to counteract and control...TRACKED all 11 days...even a couple of minus 12 days. AND

INCREASED ACTIVITY. . Walked, biked, golf...the weather helped make it eaaier...54 activity points according to AL for the week that ended yesterday

Amazing results and I agree that tracking is THE best thing you can do. Of course it is very closely followed by activity. I have not had a good week. I am still tracking but have been into my weekly allowance every day. this will not be a losing week, but hope that the gain is not too much. I will keep on and absolutely do better fro the rest of the week AND for the entire month of June. I have plans to lose another 5 pounds in June.

Nikki

First of all, do not let the discouragement get in the way of your happy goal. I also set my WW goal a little higher than I really want to be, but my plan is to weigh slightly less than that. It will be even harder to reach, but I need that goal for my own satisfaction. At my age, ( 67 next month) I will never again be able to weigh in the range I was at 40, so I have decided where I will be happy and that is my happy goal.

I roast or grill a pork tenderloin every week, and am able to plan many dinners around that. I eat it hot, as a sandwich, in fajitas, make fried rice with brown rice and lots of veggies, maybe a salad, a soup, etc. All the same meat, but everything tastes a little different. Do the same with a rotisserie chicken. even if you must eat alone, plan as though you are having a dinner party. Put on some music you enjoy, set the table with your good china and silver. You deserve it! Be sure to eat sitting at the table. If it is nice weather, eat outside. Plan a picnic in the park.

Good luck in reaching that happy goal.

Nikki

Thanks. I'm working hard at not being discouraged. I'll just keep doing all the right things, and perhaps I'll reach that goal. I am beginning to think it may not be realistic without surgery. I've lost 40% of myself, and my skin has been unforgiving. But.....I would love to hit that number so I can say I've lost 100 lbs.

And great ideas! I've been eating outside lately since the weather is getting nicer.

I cook like I'm having a party, because while I eat alone, I am feeding 4 men that are in and out of the house. I have to cook a lot! I keep reminding myself that one day I'll miss this. Right now.....not so much. But I'll look back fondly on this time....some day ;)

Hang in Kelly

Awesome job on the activity points! And the tracking.

I was in a meal planning rut, too! I just joined The Fresh 20. It's a menu planning service and very low cost (maybe $5/month). You get a new menu every week and it's also pretty healthy. My family has enjoyed it a lot. If you do your chopping/prep on the weekend (it explains how), the weeknight meals end up taking 15 minutes. Love it!

That sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Hang in there Kelly!

Dinner rut - chinese chicken salad is a favorite of mine. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have lots of great salads that are 6-8 pts and a frozen pasta dish that is 6 pts. Also Eggplant parm for 7 pts and chicken fried rice.

Sadly we do not have a TJs close by.