If my category is sold out....

Soonerbaby

What does that mean for early saver? Do I only have the option of an upgrade now or will I get a credit if the categories above me fall below what I paid?

Sorry, I did an early saver search, but didn't find it.

I have gotten the credit and the upgrade if categories above mine dropped. I also had the option of just the credit.

Price could still drop below what you paid for your "room category" even thought the ES has dropped off just keep watching, if you are a "Past Guest" it most likely will be your best chance for a reduction. (but I check them all, you never know... :p) Some people have great luck with the 72 hr sales, others don't. I guess it depends on which ship you are on and how popular a week you are traveling. I'm traveling Thanksgiving week, 72hr sale has helped me once ($40) on my interior rooms not at all on the balcony. (but I'll take any discounts I can get :)) Enjoy your cruise... 51 days for me

Ok...good. Thanks! I really don't want to move our cabins, but want to be able to get the credit if we can.

I had to give up my cabin, and didnt check the upgrade box, would have preferred to keep my cabin.

technically you have to move to the new category, so I couldnt complain.

Honestly, I think it depends on WHO gets your request at Carnival.

I had one request that was approved and I was so surprised it did. My cat 8E as well as anything above me was sold out, but they were offering free upgrades up to 8D...I put in the request and was approved and got to keep my cabin!

I also had them credit me the difference another time for a higher category and just told them I want the credit, not the upgrade.

Archived