Medication

Mishelle

Says if you need medication it can be stored at the pursers desk. I have not had them agree to bring you a cooler .. which in any case is hardly cool.

diabetes medications for instance, .. if its for 30 days or less do not acually need to be refrigerated .. so you could cool it yourself in your cabin if your medication actually needs it... as it would be a hassle to have to go get it each time.

at any rate, contact special needs and ask .. but the official line is they will store it for you.

The medication he takes must be kept in the fridge, It is mixed for a few days and must be kept cold and since it goes into the machine it can not be put in water. I guess I will find out when I get there. Michelle

Mishelle, I've seen this handled several ways. On some ships, if they have it available, they will bring an actual dorm-sized mini fridge to the room. On others, they will keep it in a medicine fridge at Guest Services. Either way, your son's medicine will be adequately chilled. Make sure you notify Guest Services before you get on the ship as to your needs. When you get on the ship, ask your steward about having a fridge in your room. They will accomodate you if possible or direct you to Guest Service. And the Guest Services people are well acquainted with storing meds.

The medication he takes must be kept in the fridge, It is mixed for a few days and must be kept cold and since it goes into the machine it can not be put in water. I guess I will find out when I get there. Michelle

again contact special needs ahead of time to ask for a refrigerator.

Its going to be a pain to have to go to the desk to use the meds each time if thats what they wind up doing, but ask

Archived