Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

SOOOOOO dissappointed about the glory 27 may has anyone heard any new things about tom riccio in the last 6 months???

Gotta be better than the fellow he replaces.

You got that right!!!

You got that right!!!

i sailed on the glory in november and tom riccio was the PBE the piano wasnt the only thing outta tune. nice guy but not a piano bar kinda dude. not really any sing alongs and the ones that were , we were only suppose to sing the chorus, and not only he is not in the digital age, he is not even in the eletronic age, song list was a handwritten book and nothing past around 82 and NOT ONE jackson browne song. he did ,however remember my name and a song request ( might have been the $20 tip) all in all i spent ma b 2 hours in 7 nights in the cinna bar very very dissapointing and now im totally bummed he is back on the glory again and i sail in two weeks sad face

i sailed on the glory in november and tom riccio was the PBE the piano wasnt the only thing outta tune. nice guy but not a piano bar kinda dude. not really any sing alongs and the ones that were , we were only suppose to sing the chorus, and not only he is not in the digital age, he is not even in the eletronic age, song list was a handwritten book and nothing past around 82 and NOT ONE jackson browne song. he did ,however remember my name and a song request ( might have been the $20 tip) all in all i spent ma b 2 hours in 7 nights in the cinna bar very very dissapointing and now im totally bummed he is back on the glory again and i sail in two weeks sad face

Sorry to hear that. I used to love the Piano Bars but honestly, my last several sailings have been similar to what you describe. Peter Brenner was the worst of them but its been awhile since I have had a good piano bar experience.

Maybe this guy will be better now that he has some experience under his belt. That is what I am hoping for my upcoming cruise as well after reviews I read!

Edited by LizaMM

Hit is hit and miss these days in the pb.

Before getting stuck with Peter Brenner for the second of two times, we had Brad Alexander who was great and Greg (forgot his last name) who was pretty good when he remembered to stop talking and sing.

Before getting stuck with Peter Brenner for the second of two times, we had Brad Alexander who was great and Greg (forgot his last name) who was pretty good when he remembered to stop talking and sing.

Peter Brenner twice....eeek :eek:. After Peter I had this guy Larry I think it was, whose voice cracked even when he spoke, was his first time in a PB and he knew none of the songs people asked for. Then last time I was scheduled to have John Li who I had read good things about but apparently he was ill/illness in family/something like that at the last minute and took that week off. There was no time for a real replacement so someone else from the entertainment staff played the piano in there each night and just guests were singing. It was a fun group of people though so at least I had some fun in there in between and after Comedy Shows but it was not a real PB experience by any means. I don''t think I have had a really good PB since the Glory in 2006 but I keep on going anyway :p

if it was greg gallelo from canada, he was one of the best and the most fun i have ever had !! also jason davis was funny and

talented and very entertaining always a great crowd with both of them again sooooooo dissapointed !!! there is a video of tom riccio on you tube you can see how bad bad he is

if it was greg gallelo from canada, he was one of the best and the most fun i have ever had !! also jason davis was funny and

talented and very entertaining always a great crowd with both of them again sooooooo dissapointed !!! there is a video of tom riccio on you tube you can see how bad bad he is

Greg is an interesting guy and guess he is gone from Carnival. Met him up on lido deck once and had a very interesting conversation.

Was on the Freedom a couple weeks ago with Steven "Sean" Laws at the

piano. When previous posts said he was a little older and slower, they

were being very generous. He is very old (70's) and very slow. I could

only take about 3 songs and didn't come back to stay. Walked through a

couple of other times (in order to get drowsy before bed) and there were

18 people on one night, less on all others. You requested a song by

picking them from lyric sheets he had and then he wanted you to sing the

song also. When previous posts said he was older, I thought maybe about

my age (48), about half of his lyric sheets were even before my time.

I'm not a musician so maybe this happens, at several places during

Margaritaville (my friends request) he would hold one note across the

time that three notes should have been hit (I'm a Parrothead, I know the

song). I hope no PB regulars are on the Freedom the next few months.

I am encouraged by the recent good reviews of PBE's I'm not familiar

with. I hope Carnival discovers more of them and one sails out of

New Orleans this time next year.

We have Alan Brown on ours according to the list. His contract runs through 8/15/2012. Thats in the middle of our cruise....do they fly in a new one in, in the middle????

Very strange have not seen that before. Think it is a mistake and when he starts a cruise would finish one.

We have Alan Brown on ours according to the list. His contract runs through 8/15/2012. Thats in the middle of our cruise....do they fly in a new one in, in the middle????

I assume he will stay on. I hope he does for your sake. We were on the Legend last month and he is fantastic. Very good and very funny. We went to the Piano Bar every night and he had a good crowd most nights.

I would guess they overlap the contracts just a little. You'll prbably get a new one to start your cruise.

Figured the extra few days were so they would still be under contract if the ship were to get delayed and stuck at sea for a few days.

That happens so infrequently think it would not be a consideration.

Would bet there is something in their contract that if it happens he plays on and just makes his tips.

Some of the real good ones make a huge amount in tips nightly btw.

Sorry to hear that. I used to love the Piano Bars but honestly, my last several sailings have been similar to what you describe. Peter Brenner was the worst of them but its been awhile since I have had a good piano bar experience.

Maybe this guy will be better now that he has some experience under his belt. That is what I am hoping for my upcoming cruise as well after reviews I read!

Liza Dear, you should cruise w/ me sometime, have had a knack for getting good PBE's!

It is still beyond my comprehension that they keep Peter Brenner on the payroll, I think someone lost a bet...

The next rung on the ladder wasn't so much about the PB, as I wanted to do every iten the Freedom did, hence Sean Laws. lesson learned, 8 days are usually more "paired up" crowds and early sleepers and lesson 2, don't cruise for the "posterity" of it

Liza Dear, you should cruise w/ me sometime, have had a knack for getting good PBE's!

It is still beyond my comprehension that they keep Peter Brenner on the payroll, I think someone lost a bet...

The next rung on the ladder wasn't so much about the PB, as I wanted to do every iten the Freedom did, hence Sean Laws. lesson learned, 8 days are usually more "paired up" crowds and early sleepers and lesson 2, don't cruise for the "posterity" of it

Hmmmm....Ill have to check your schedule before I book next time!!! Although while I am still in school I am at the mercy of my crazy school schedule.

I think it's fun that you hit all the Freedom itin's. I really did love that ship!

I think that itin can certainly make a difference in the atmosphere of the sailing. I am about to embark on an 8 day itin BUT it has only 3 ports (Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau) and they are in a row in the middle with 2 sea days on either end so we shall see.

HOWEVER......I am sailing a spirit class ship which I have read is usually not the best as far as PB compared to the Conquest Class due to layout and placement. I only sailed a Spirit Class one time prior and that was a Thanksgiving Cruise so it was pretty quiet at night. PB guy was AWFUL on that one btw.

On my last couple of cruises I have found that I went to all the late shows in the Comedy Club and this really helped make up for boring PB.

I'm sure I will have a good time either way.....I'll be on a cruise with plenty of other options of things to do!

I'll report back here on what I find at the PB on the Miracle either way.

Hmmmm....Ill have to check your schedule before I book next time!!! Although while I am still in school I am at the mercy of my crazy school schedule.

I think it's fun that you hit all the Freedom itin's. I really did love that ship!

I think that itin can certainly make a difference in the atmosphere of the sailing. I am about to embark on an 8 day itin BUT it has only 3 ports (Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau) and they are in a row in the middle with 2 sea days on either end so we shall see.

HOWEVER......I am sailing a spirit class ship which I have read is usually not the best as far as PB compared to the Conquest Class due to layout and placement. I only sailed a Spirit Class one time prior and that was a Thanksgiving Cruise so it was pretty quiet at night. PB guy was AWFUL on that one btw.

On my last couple of cruises I have found that I went to all the late shows in the Comedy Club and this really helped make up for boring PB.

I'm sure I will have a good time either way.....I'll be on a cruise with plenty of other options of things to do!

I'll report back here on what I find at the PB on the Miracle either way.

Haven't seen too many reviews about the guy in the PB, but go check Chris K in the Karaoke Lounge. He's a sweetie and pretty funny!

Joanne

Haven't seen too many reviews about the guy in the PB, but go check Chris K in the Karaoke Lounge. He's a sweetie and pretty funny!

Joanne

Thanks. I also have read that the music in Frankie & Johnnies is good at night.

In my honestly humble opinion.........sometimes we need to bring the party to the piano player..........let's all chip in to make the evening a special occasion.......a piano player is just another member of the party!!!! If you need further assistance........just invite me to the party.........:)