AC on Dawn ???

beau4

Recently booked an AC for the 11 night sailing. I have read very little about this category and was wondering what we can expect in terms of amenities. I also have some concerns about it being too windy to use the balcony. Any tidbits of information would be very appreciated - still plenty of time to change catefories if need be. BTW, we booked the 9th floor if that makes a difference.

Many thanks to all who can help!

susan

We are booked on the Dawn room 9000 front of the ship also. Last summer we were on the Star room 9000. We liked the room so much that's why we chose it again. The wind in not a big enough problem to change rooms. The balcony is the largest you wiil find enough for about 16 lawn chairs if you go to the 10th floor they are the same rooms but the balcony is smaller and the bridge can look onto your balcony so the 9th floor is the best. The ac suites come with VIP on and off boarding not just starting and ending but daily. You have your own personal butler and lots more.

sailed in an AC on the Dawn in Nov/03. (9002) It really was a fantastic room. The only time it was truly to windy to be out on the balcony was during a storm we had. Other than that it was beautiful. The room is a perfect comfortable size. Our butler and stewards we're absolutely out of this world. They couldn't do enough for us. And as for the concierge. She got us all the best tables, reservations and appointments for the spa.

The biggest benefit I found was the ability to get up in the morning, go out on your balcony in your robe, enjoy a mimosa and watch as you sail into each port of call.

I have pictures of the room that I can make available if you wish

NCL Dawn 11/02/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2003;11;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you H2 and riraagusrulabula! VIP on and off daily sounds great as does mimosas on the balcony.We plan on golfing at each port, so getting off first is a real plus for us.

I would love to see the pictures if its not too much trouble.

Any other tidbits you can provide, I would really appreciate. This site has to keep me going until we sail in December.

susan

We were in 9502 in april of 2003. The balcony was HUGE. It had teak floors and furniture. We felt very little wind (and usually out at the end of the balcony near the rail) when you were further in towards the door or sitting down...there was none. HOWEVER, dont open the front door to the cabin while the balcony door is open (and the ship underway) everything thats not tied down will go shooting down the corridor icon_smile.gifIts a great room and would do it again in a heartbeat!

INFINITY: 6/6/04

Originally posted by riraagusrulabula:

sailed in an AC on the Dawn in Nov/03. (9002)

I have pictures of the room that I can make available if you wish

We're thinking of booking this cabin next February and would love to see the pictures if you don't mind sending them to jpdrew@adelphia.net. Thank-you!

- Peggy

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We are going on the Star on Oct. 12th 04 to the Mexican Cruise, my wife and I have booked the AC cabin on the 9th deck also. I know been awhile but we would like to know if you could send us some photo's of the cabin. As you know NCL has almost no photo's of what this room looks like or the layout.

Thanks

John

E-mail jstrig@pacbell.net

Archived