Luggage tags for upgrades

cjcluvs2cruz

Hi,

Just wondering if NCL sends out replacement luggage tags for people who have upgraded within 4 weeks or less of their sailing date? If not, what do you do. We were on deck 14 but will now be on deck 9. Does each deck have their own color tag? Just worried about misplaced luggage with not being able to use the tags that were in the Welcome Aboard package for our deck 14 room.

Thanks for any replies.

Don't worry about the color. Print them out off your NCL account and use clear packing tape to reinforce them.

Sorry I can't answer if you would get a new set in the mail this close, but I doubt it.

And really why worry about misplaced luggage, it's not like an airline that may go to another country. The worst that can happen is they would be taken to another part of the ship, the error found and landed back with you an hour or so later than perhaps they should have arrived. Truthfully you don't really know when they will show up in your stateroom so you would be no wiser that they went via another floor.

They just took the tour of the ship before you ;) :D

Enjoy your cruise.

We took an upsell for a cruise next week and was told to cross out the room number and mark the new room number and where we are located. You also can print out the paper tags which shows the correct room and where you are located which is what I might do. At the pier there was extra tags I guess in the event you forgot yours

You won't get replacement luggage tags but like the other have stated you can either wait until you get to the pier and get new ones from the porters or simply cross out the old numbers and write in the new cabin numbers. I have done both and I have always gotten my luggage. Happy sailing.

have your luggage tags on the bags before you get to the pier...depending on where you are leaving from ...its so busy and hectic and that is the last thing you want to be doing is getting tags on your bags.

print the paper ones and reinforcing with packing tape makes them nice and sturdy you have to cut them off--they wont rip or just cross out the number on your tags NCL sent ya---either way works!!

have your luggage tags on the bag before you get to the pier, its so busy and chaotic sometimes that the last thing you want to be worrying about is filling out luggage tags and getting them on your bags.

like others have said use the paper ones...reinforced they work just fine, or use the NCL ones with number crossed out!

less headache if you can just hand your bags to the porter and be on your way---seems like every cruise i see someone say "wait you didnt tag this bag" and then heard the stories of the missing bag with no tag.

We've upgraded before, as well.

No new tags, but when you hand your luggage over to the ship's people, they will tear off your old tags, and make new ones on the spot. We've never had problems with our luggage while cruising.

Congratulations on your upgrade!

On a recent cruise we weren't notified of the upgrade until we checked in. We just told the steward and they went and got the luggage from the previous room...it wasn't on NCL but I am sure they will do the same.

This happened to us in August on the Spirit. As soon as we got onboard, we went to the Customer Relations Desk and made them aware of the upgrade and tag situation. They made the stewards aware to be looking for the luggage and our luggage was brought in quick time to us at our new location.

When I got home, the man who had been assigned our OLD room had called the number on the tags and said our bags were sitting outside his room from the ship! Oops!!

Jen

Archived