Trying again, PR Birth Certificate Question

stephaniekleinn

Thanks to everyone for all of your input/advice!! I'm happy to report that my friend did not have any problems getting on the ship! I was completely amazed (& obviously very relieved) that the RC employee that checked her in did not even say anything about it. In my opinion she (we) was really lucky to not have a problem. Of course she just thinks I made a big deal out of nothing! Whatever--it's over with & we made it so it's not worth arguing about. :). I do know I won't be planning anymore international travel with her unless she gets her ID situation resolved. Thanks again to you all. Have a great day :)

Thanks to everyone for all of your input/advice!! I'm happy to report that my friend did not have any problems getting on the ship! I was completely amazed (& obviously very relieved) that the RC employee that checked her in did not even say anything about it. In my opinion she (we) was really lucky to not have a problem. Of course she just thinks I made a big deal out of nothing! Whatever--it's over with & we made it so it's not worth arguing about. :). I do know I won't be planning anymore international travel with her unless she gets her ID situation resolved. Thanks again to you all. Have a great day :)

I'm glad to hear that it all worked out.

You were right to be concerned and your friend is very fortunate.

Keith

I had a feeling this would happen. The agents at the desk cannot know every single state/county birth certificate issued and which ones are valid. If it was official at one time, it had a seal or an embossment that made it official. BTW, they just wear the vests of the ship that is checking in, not all of the counter agents are employed by the cruise line, rather the port.

Our first few cruises we used our BC/DL and we were fine. It wasn't until I applied for the kids passports that I found out my daughters county issued BC was invalid. It looked just like my sons (3 years older) but the county had a year or two where they were using computer generated forms. A whole lot of people born in that time frame have invalid birth certificates. We had no problem taking her on the first few cruises with that invalid BC. I would not be surprised if others born in the same year, same county as she is using the BC for cruise boarding ID.

Archived