Cruise Lines Announcing Drink Packages

Responder

Probably the last thing I'm inclined to do is conjure up a database of comparisons between cruise lines.

I think the thing is that it would be a big enough job (huge) that by the time you got to the "end" of it, you'd have to go right back to the beginning looking for things that had already changed since you started. In other words, like mimito4 says, it would be a career!

Having completed our first Regent cruise last month, we found it to be an excellent value. Once you factored in all costs, the price was only slightly more than what we would have paid for a mass market line. What impressed us most was Regent's ability to make passengers from other ships "disappear" when we were in port. I'm not sure how they did it but we felt like we had a private tour of Alaska. To me, that was priceless.

What impressed us most was Regent's ability to make passengers from other ships "disappear" when we were in port. I'm not sure how they did it but we felt like we had a private tour of Alaska. To me, that was priceless.

Completely agree debmarie, and that is the very sort of "soft" data that doesn't lend itself well to analysis.

Trust me, if I could afford it, I'd be on a luxury ship several times a year. What I was attempting to say--probably very poorly--was since I can't do luxury as often, that rather than stay home when a craving for sun and turquoise seas comes calling, I try and find ways to make a "lesser" experience more.

Does that make sense?

Completely agree debmarie, and that is the very sort of "soft" data that doesn't lend itself well to analysis.

Trust me, if I could afford it, I'd be on a luxury ship several times a year. What I was attempting to say--probably very poorly--was since I can't do luxury as often, that rather than stay home when a craving for sun and turquoise seas comes calling, I try and find ways to make a "lesser" experience more.

Does that make sense?

Totally! We have a family cruise planned on the Oasis for January. While it might not be my first choice, it is a good compromise. For my young adult children Regent isn't a good fit. For many reasons.

My wife and I hardly drink any longer:( and who cares. I want a cruiseline when the only time my sea pass leaves my pocket is to enter the cabin and frankly if they got up to speed we could avoid that too. As far as drink packages go the mass market lines have to find a way to pay for the billion dollar ships so more power to them. For us as long as we can afford it we will stay all-in.

Archived