Quiet Outdoor Lounging Spots?

gecko12

I'll be on the Emerald next year and would like to know if there are any "off the beaten path" outdoor spots with loungers. I don't want to mess with chair hogs around pools but would rather enjoy a quiet spot to lay out and read a good book.

The Terrace pool in the back on the Emerald is wonderful because there is lots of seating on upper decks with stairs if you want a quick dip if you are getting too warm plus if you are thristy you can go right in the buffet for iced tea or a quick snack. There is seating around the pool also but we have found you need to arrive very early to have any of the chairs that are by the pool or arrive around noon when the morning people have had enough sun. The pool is Adults only with signs posted --unfortunately it can happen that parents bring diapered kids & put them in the pool with pool attendants not advising Adult only. Other passengers do usually advise it is Adult only but I have seen an officer called & asked the parents & child to leave in a nice manner after refusing the request from fellow passengers. Great location plus sometimes you can see whales off the back or to the sides --many times from the bridge they are pointed out--you might be too late in the season for them-not sure-we have seen many times in February & early March.

We have also always loved the aft Terrace pool area, but it does tend to get quite busy and loungers are at a premium, especially near the pool.

Yes....on the sun deck just aft of the Sanctuary...and there is a pool right there, alo

This ^^^ is fast becoming my favorite spot on the Grand Class ships. It tends to be quiet; I've never run into chair hog issues; and it's close enough to the small Lotus (adults only) pool for a quick dip. It can get a little windy when the ship is under way, but that doesn't bother me. I actually usually kind of like the breeze.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Looked on Emerald's deck plans and found the seating aft of the sanctuary. Thank you! I'll be there.

Oh good, glad you found it. I took a peek at the deck plans and realized this area is actually on the "Sports Deck" and not the "Sun Deck", but you clearly figured out what we were talking about. :)

Archived