Pocket Shots - any experiences?

WillieC

As long as...

1. They do not make a bulge in clothing (such as pockets) that might prompt inquiry of what is in the pocket..

and

2. Have no metal - such as cap.

then they are very likely to pass without a problem.

My brother had several airline bottles in his backpack after one port stop and not only did they pass OK but he forgot about them and they made several more trips ashore and back to ship over next few days. Plastic caps were the key. I had larger bottle with a metal cap and it was detected in x-ray.

As long as...

1. They do not make a bulge in clothing (such as pockets) that might prompt inquiry of what is in the pocket..

and

2. Have no metal - such as cap.

then they are very likely to pass without a problem.

My brother had several airline bottles in his backpack after one port stop and not only did they pass OK but he forgot about them and they made several more trips ashore and back to ship over next few days. Plastic caps were the key. I had larger bottle with a metal cap and it was detected in x-ray.

I was told by a co worker, who worked for a cruise line in security, that the alcohol would show up as a different color in the xray machine. she said there was no problem with alcohol being brought on thru luggage, just no carry on..

I was told by a co worker, who worked for a cruise line in security, that the alcohol would show up as a different color in the xray machine. she said there was no problem with alcohol being brought on thru luggage, just no carry on..

Guess she's never seen the naughty room?

I have two friends that I have cruised with (yes they are friends and not me), have carried a number on board without any problem. They spread them around in carry-on, some on their person and in the checked bags as well. The last adventure with them was this past August on the Freedom. One of the friends took 60:eek: of them!!!! Can be done with a little care. Of course these are the finest of distilled spirits.... aged in plastic!

Archived