Travelex Insurence question...

radzer0

So my cruise is oct 23rd. The second person on the room prob cant go because of issues with her daughter and she doesnt want to leave her with her parents. (Tubes in the ears and such).. Has anybody ever experenced this one with insurence and got a refund for that one person? Im still going to go as there is others in other rooms going. So it would only be half fare refunded.

Give me your opinions on this one. Thanks

So my cruise is oct 23rd. The second person on the room prob cant go because of issues with her daughter and she doesnt want to leave her with her parents. (Tubes in the ears and such).. Has anybody ever experenced this one with insurence and got a refund for that one person? Im still going to go as there is others in other rooms going. So it would only be half fare refunded.

Give me your opinions on this one. Thanks

Be VERY careful. You MAY get money back for your friend but the cruise line may also REFARE the cabin to single occupancy (which may be 50-100% MORE than 1/2 of double occupancy). You essentially gain nothing-her 50% MAY go to pay YOUR single supplement.

If you want my advice, don't say anything to the cruise line BEFORE the cruise. If they ask, just say you are friends and not traveling together and she will be along shortly. ( I know it is cheating but I think refaring cabins at the last minute is a real rip)

Getting a refund may or may not be an option.

Well i didnt think travelex was the cruise line. That they would issue the refund for her since she cant go and the cruise line wouldnt refare me because it has nothing to do with them. I know its wayy too close to get any kind of money from ncl.

Well i didnt think travelex was the cruise line. That they would issue the refund for her since she cant go and the cruise line wouldnt refare me because it has nothing to do with them. I know its wayy too close to get any kind of money from ncl.

It has everything to do with the cruise line as far as refaring. They EXPECT two people in the room-all those drinks, gambling, spas, gym packages, etc. etc are how they make their money (certainly not on the bargain basement cruise fares-that merely covers the cost of food and fuel). And yes, they can certainly refare your cruise because you booked double occupancy and now you have single occupancy if she doesn't go.

Whether you get money back from the insurance, don't count on it. SHE may get money back from the insurance if you have two separate policies. But you MAY be refared.

I don't know about Travelex but when I read the policy for my last cruise it would have covered cancellation for one person had she had to cancel (under her premium) as well as single occupancy refaring for the other (if he were still to go) under his premium.

Is this a covered reason? The reason for canceling, as written, does not sound as if it will be a covered reason in the policy. If a Dr. is willing to sign that the mother needs to stay and take care of her child, then it may be covered, but that depends partly on when the child had the tubes put in and when the policy was purchased. If Pre-existing conditions apply, it may not be a covered reason.

If it is covered, the mother will get a portion back from NCL, and a portion from the insurance. Note that the cancellation fee is not yet 100%.. it is still 50% until 7 days prior. You will probably be re-fared and have to file with your insurance to recoup the upcharge amount after the cruise.

If it is not a covered reason, the mother gets 50% back from NCL and you will be re-fared at the single rate. Your coverage would depend on the terms of the specific policy you purchased.

Archived