Minimum coverage you get?

I just booked my 8th cruise and I've been questioning if I've been getting TOO MUCH coverage with the travel insurance plans I've purchased.

I was curious as to the minimum coverage you'll get for a Caribbean cruise and a foreign cruise (Europe, Australia, Asia, etc.):

Travel Baggage

Travel Baggage Delay

Travel Delay

Medical

Emergency Med Evac

Also, do you generally go back to add trip cancellation/interruption coverage for independent shore excursions? Does it depend on the cancellation policy (2 weeks vs. 24 hours)?

Thanks in advance!

I do not cover shore excursions. I look at travel insurance similar to home and auto insurance. If you do not think you can cover any expense in the event of an issue then cover it all with insurance but in the end if all comes down to your situation. For example, most people have a deductible on home and auto insurance and the higher the deductible the lower the annual premium. It comes down to how much risk your financial situation.

We try to get maximum medical coverage including medical evacuation as both could be very expensive. We take whatever the policy for things such as baggage.

Again, each persons situation is different. Look at the cost of each policy and see what cost you are willing to pay versus the benefits each one provides.

Keith

...Also, do you generally go back to add trip cancellation/interruption coverage for independent shore excursions? Does it depend on the cancellation policy (2 weeks vs. 24 hours)?

Thanks in advance!

Be careful in only covering some costs. Many policies require you to insure everything you could lose in order for the pre-existing medical waiver to apply and to get the cancel for any reason benefit.

Here is some sample wording: You insure 100% of all prepaid Travel Arrangements that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions by the Travel Supplier

Archived