Daily Schedules

ChelseaSailor

What is the name of the Daily Schedules of Shipboard Activities and Announcements on HAL Ships. Are there any samples on these forums. I am trying to find the times you actually have to be back to the ship in ports. Not the time the ship leaves port. I am specifically looking for the Zuiderdam Nov 14 Panama Canal cruise.

ChelseaSailor

What is the name of the Daily Schedules of Shipboard Activities and Announcements on HAL Ships. Are there any samples on these forums. I am trying to find the times you actually have to be back to the ship in ports. Not the time the ship leaves port. I am specifically looking for the Zuiderdam Nov 14 Panama Canal cruise.

ChelseaSailor

Hey, CS... you'll be looking for the "Explorer" which will be delivered to your cabin each evening. Since port arrivals and departures are always subject to change, the schedule of my last Zuidy Partial Canal will not help you. I can scan one or two and email them to you if you like... Candy@CandyBrock.com

The "Explorer" daily program will give you both the time that the ship is scheduled to leave a port as well as the time you have to be back on board -- which is 1/2 hour before the ship sails. There are also signs up at the gangway reminding you what time to be back on board the ship.

For example if the ship is scheduled to leave the port at 4 PM -- then you are expected to be back on board by 3:30.

JMO -- but we always make certain that we are back on board at least an hour before the ship sails.

All aboard is usually 1/2 hour before sailing time. We always try to be at least in the port area close to the ship at least one hour before sailing.

The times can change even if you know before the cruise. If the weather is not good, watch out for short notice changes.

All aboard is usually 1/2 hour before sailing time. We always try to be at least in the port area close to the ship at least one hour before sailing.

The times can change even if you know before the cruise. If the weather is not good, watch out for short notice changes.

It's worth noting that if it's a tender port, the "back to the ship" time means back at the tender dock, which is well before sailaway. For our day-long stop on the Westerdam in Fuerte Amador before entering the Panama Canal, the itinerary shows sailaway at 4 AM. Our HAL coordinator for our Roll Call M&G has told us that the last tender usually leaves at 11:30PM -- 4/12 hours before sailing. (So no after-midnight pub-hopping in Panama City.:rolleyes:)

Unusual situation because of the early morning departure, but worth noting.

Linda:)

It's worth noting that if it's a tender port, the "back to the ship" time means back at the tender dock, which is well before sailaway. For our day-long stop on the Westerdam in Fuerte Amador before entering the Panama Canal, the itinerary shows sailaway at 4 AM. Our HAL coordinator for our Roll Call M&G has told us that the last tender usually leaves at 11:30PM -- 4/12 hours before sailing. (So no after-midnight pub-hopping in Panama City.:rolleyes:)

Unusual situation because of the early morning departure, but worth noting.

Linda:)

That is good to know. We are there in a few weeks/

Archived