Carnival emboidery file???

TheGrandparents

Tom, There are "Bots" or, programs out there, @, the Bots don't recognize it as an e-mail address. Like we all need more junk e-mails.

Your .pes file is popular! I love it, now I have to come up with a design using the Tail Fin, Carnival Pride, and the dates of our next cruise. Going to work on that after getting dinner ready.

Again, THANK YOU Very Much!!!!

I need to learn the ERA program anyway. Several other things come to mind that I can embroider. Waiting to see how your pictures turn out. Whens your next cruise?

Matt

Your design turned out great! I would love to have it as well: adrienneqw at gmail dot com

Someone please consider digitizing the design to fill the standard hoops sizes (4x4, 5x7, 6x10) - my machine has a 5x7 hoop and I would love to make t-shirts for the kids that have a large whale tail logo and their names beneath. :D

Tom, There are "Bots" or, programs out there, @, the Bots don't recognize it as an e-mail address. Like we all need more junk e-mails.

Your .pes file is popular! I love it, now I have to come up with a design using the Tail Fin, Carnival Pride, and the dates of our next cruise. Going to work on that after getting dinner ready.

Again, THANK YOU Very Much!!!!

I need to learn the ERA program anyway. Several other things come to mind that I can embroider. Waiting to see how your pictures turn out. Whens your next cruise?

Matt

My next cruise is on the Liberty in September.

Did you get the other file I sent today? I'm dying waiting for my thread to come...supposedly tommrow...today I came home to new bobbins and bobbin box.

Your design turned out great! I would love to have it as well: adrienneqw at gmail dot com

Someone please consider digitizing the design to fill the standard hoops sizes (4x4, 5x7, 6x10) - my machine has a 5x7 hoop and I would love to make t-shirts for the kids that have a large whale tail logo and their names beneath. :D

Adrienne - you got mail. Happy stitching

I can set more sizes i guess. Can't you just increase it on the screen in the machine? That's what I did for a sucky I made for a baby shower today...

Edited by dumbwaiterboy

I got an embroidery machine for Christmas last year, and it has been so, so much fun! I just packed up 24 embroidered scarves for my cruise (leaving tomorrow!). Wish I knew there was a whale tail in time to do something for my cruise. Alas. But, if you are still sharing, my email is my username at gmail.com

I am working on getting a stitching machine. Have paid thousands over the years for custom work on Jackets & everything else. Would love a copy of whatever Cool files others are willing to share. Also would be glad to setup a file sharing site if others are interested so we dont have all the requests & everything.

Any thoughts, comments, reccomendations on what I should look for in a machine or what brand etc would be appreciated.

Thanks - Send those files to msb @ maxxcorp <dot> net

I am working on getting a stitching machine. Have paid thousands over the years for custom work on Jackets & everything else. Would love a copy of whatever Cool files others are willing to share. Also would be glad to setup a file sharing site if others are interested so we dont have all the requests & everything.

Any thoughts, comments, reccomendations on what I should look for in a machine or what brand etc would be appreciated.

Thanks - Send those files to msb @ maxxcorp <dot> net

You got mail!

Happy stitching!

DFW, I got my machine, a Brother SE270D at a yard sale, I got lucky, so I'm not much help on what type machine to get. Maybe check your local Craigslist. I saw a Singer machine yesterday at a JoAnn Fabrics and it looked very nice, and looked like it could do embroidery patterns up to about 14" X 14", didn't see a price tag on it either.

A website to share embroidery files would be cool. There are some free places for files, but limited on design and how many you can download per week.

Keep up informed.

Matt

Hey guys -

So my new threads came in today! YIPPEE!

ANyways, how do you all decide when you need to use stabilizer? I bought the solvy water soluable stabilizer, and used it at first on everything (mind you I was doing tshirt material. Yesterday I did a pillow case without it and it was fine...Today I was doing a tshirt (without stabilizer) and it ripped a hole in it and broke two needles. I'm guessing the less firm the material, means I should use stabilizer....

When I was at Joanns I saw ripp away stabilzer which looked just like parchment paper, can i use parchemnt?

Thanks

Always, always, always use stabilizer. Your results will be better - often WAY better - with proper stabilizer. Here's a brief introduction to the various kinds.

I recommend and almost-always use Sulky's "Totally Stable" iron-on, tear-away stabilizer... it's inexpensive and very versatile. If I'm embroidering on thinner or stretchier knits, I use two layers.

I agree with AQW always use stabilizer especially on any material that stretches. Fabric like t shirts do better if you use an iron on type stabilizer so that the fabric will no longer stretch. You can also use a topper such as the wash away to keep the stitches from sinking down into the fabric. You can search many of the embroidery sites for stabilizing information. Everyone that embroiders has their own preference. I like Floriani products.

You also should purchase quality thread. Cheap thread will only frustrate you by breaking frequently.

I have other thoughts that I will share with you from your email.

Tom, You are getting pretty good at this. Your Guy's Burger Joint file looks very good.

Send it when you get a chance.

Went in tonight and added text to the Whale Tail .pes you sent me, I'll try to embroider it tomorrow or definetly over the week-end.

Matt

Tom, This is what I did with your .pes file today. Just practicing. I'll keep the Carnival Colors on the TailFin, probably won't keep the purple. Still working on the color scheme. Just thought you might like to see.

Matt

CurvedPride.jpg.b96225bac93dea6f13e2b55f01052a45.jpg

• Thanks 1

dumbwaiterboy , To your question about using a stabilizer, I always do. I get mine at Wal-mart's, you can buy it by the yard. It kinda feels like parchment paper, but not as stiff. I use this when doing shirts and such. For doing hats/caps, my hoop for caps uses a sticky stabilizer. The cap bill is clamped down, and the embroidery area on the hat/cap is press against the sticky area to hold in place while the machine embroiders. Hope that helps.

I got 3 or the 5 shirts done, and 1 ball-cap, I'll try to take some pictures this week-end and post here.

Have you made any more designs? The Guy Burger one looks very good.

44 Days and counting till we're on the PRIDE, (Not that we are counting down).

Matt