St Barths Cruises for <$1K

gymangel812

i'm looking to find a cruise that stops at st barths. i'm having trouble finding one for less than 1k. azamara would be perfect but is not offering a cruise during the time i want to go (late winter - spring 2012). looking for maximum time there (shopping!) and hopefully a stop in st maarten as well.

Good luck. St. Barths is one of, if not the most expensive islands in the Caribbean. The lines that visit there are the upscale lines with small ships and expensive itineraries, and shopping is expensive, and limited. If you want a french feel for under $1000 take a mass market line that goes to St. Martin and either go to Marigot or take the ferry over to St. Barths.

Just an FYI taking ferry from St Maarten isn't good idea unless ship tour...wouldn't trust the local schedule... and even that doesn't give you much/enough time. Also in "off season" it's pretty shut down. Princess used to offer a tour but not sure re others. Also harbor isn't big enough for large mass market ships and I don't think the locals want thousands tendering in...

Good luck. St. Barths is one of, if not the most expensive islands in the Caribbean. The lines that visit there are the upscale lines with small ships and expensive itineraries, and shopping is expensive, and limited. If you want a french feel for under $1000 take a mass market line that goes to St. Martin and either go to Marigot or take the ferry over to St. Barths.

thanks for the info. there is a specific store on barths i want to go to, which is the reason i want to go.

• 2 weeks later...

You should go to St. Barts for a week. In the off season, Sept-Nov it's pretty reasonable to rent a villa - I rented one for $2100 for the week, and that came with a car. Villa CEC, you can check it out on sbhonline.com

It was a wonderful vacation!

• 3 weeks later...
i'm looking to find a cruise that stops at st barths. i'm having trouble finding one for less than 1k. azamara would be perfect but is not offering a cruise during the time i want to go (late winter - spring 2012). looking for maximum time there (shopping!) and hopefully a stop in st maarten as well.

HAL Maasdam 10 night from Fort Lauderdale stops there during that time frame, but no stop at St. Maarten on that itinerary. (Don't know that it meets your price restrictions with taxes and such added.)

HAL Maasdam 10 night from Fort Lauderdale stops there during that time frame, but no stop at St. Maarten on that itinerary. (Don't know that it meets your price restrictions with taxes and such added.)

That was not what I wanted to see, adding 1500 people to an already packed St. Barths plus Sea Dream and Seabourn is not going to be fun.

St Barts only allows certain ships in their port. So for under 1k it is Holland or spend a week there on land

But what I do not understand you want to shop there where the cost today will cost you .35 per on a dollar you spend. You can buy in the states cheaper. Or go to the French side of St. Maarten

We where just there in March on Silver Sea and the cost for a t shirt was 35.00 us dollars

Archived