on board credit questions

Fenten

Anyone know if you can use the money in your onboard credit to tip the staff at the end of the cruise? If so, how do you pull the money out of your account?

Also, if you don’t spend all your onboard credit, can you get it refunded?

Anyone know if you can use the money in your onboard credit to tip the staff at the end of the cruise? If so, how do you pull the money out of your account?

Yes, you can use the on board credit to pay gratuities. You don't need to "pull it out". Once the gratuities are posted they are deducted from the OBC.

No, you cannot get a refund for unused credit so be sure to spend it! (At least I don't think you can.)

You can have tips charged to your onboard account, and therefore any OBC you had could be used to pay for tips, how the OBC was obtained dictates as to if it is refundable or not

You can have tips charged to your onboard account, and therefore any OBC you had could be used to pay for tips, how the OBC was obtained dictates as to if it is refundable or not

I did not realize that some OBCs could be refunded. Do tell, when can you get a refund? Thanks.

sometimes you'll get a check under your cabin door.....or, refunded to the CC...depends on how you got it and how you paid for the cruise.....

meaning...once I had OBC and didn't use it all...as i had paid for the cruise with checks i got a check....when i had a little left over and i paid via CC, it was refunded to the CC shortly after the end of the cruise (hope that makes sense..:confused:;))

I did not realize that some OBCs could be refunded. Do tell, when can you get a refund? Thanks.

Generally OBC from your Travel Agent or Visa points is refundable..OBC issued by the cruise line is not...

OP, a few days into your cruise there should be a form left in your cabin giving you the option to put your tips on your Seapass card..just fill it out, give it to Guest Services & the tips will come out of your OBC...if by chance you don't receive the form, you can ask for one at Guest Services..

sometimes you'll get a check under your cabin door.....or, refunded to the CC...depends on how you got it and how you paid for the cruise.....

meaning...once I had OBC and didn't use it all...as i had paid for the cruise with checks i got a check....when i had a little left over and i paid via CC, it was refunded to the CC shortly after the end of the cruise (hope that makes sense..:confused:;))

As my family would say -- I am having a blonde moment. So, if my TA gives me an OBC, or I get one directly from RCI, and I don't use it do I get a refund?

Generally OBC from your Travel Agent or Visa points is refundable..OBC issued by the cruise line is not...

OP, a few days into your cruise there should be a form left in your cabin giving you the option to put your tips on your Seapass card..just fill it out, give it to Guest Services & the tips will come out of your OBC...if by chance you don't receive the form, you can ask for one at Guest Services..

Thank you. I was posting at the same time. I had no idea that an OBC is refundable if it comes from my TA. I guess it's true, never to old to learn!

Basically any OBC not given to you by the cruiseline is refundable, so OBC from Travel Agents, Friends and Family, Visa Certs etc is refundable, the best way to get the refund is to secure the account with a credit card, any balance on the account at the end of the cruise i credited to that card

Ok, complete novice here so excuse me if I seem dipsy!!

Do you have a 'credit card' or a band with which you pay for everything on board?

And I take it that RC don't automatically add say, 10 dollars a day per person to the cost of the cost of the cruise like some companys do? It is completely up to the cruise passenger to tip who ever and how much they want?

Thanks in advance!!

Ok, complete novice here so excuse me if I seem dipsy!!

Do you have a 'credit card' or a band with which you pay for everything on board?

And I take it that RC don't automatically add say, 10 dollars a day per person to the cost of the cost of the cruise like some companys do? It is completely up to the cruise passenger to tip who ever and how much they want?

Thanks in advance!!

You have a combined credit card sized room key and charge card, tips are not added automatically, but can be charged to your account at your request

Archived