Carnival Liberty PICTORIAL review - Sept 24 - Oct 1 2011 - Western

jerseygirl79

[quote name='alreadypacked']Great Review Thanks!!:) I was getting off the Liberty when you guys got on--we had a great time too. I think I read one of your previous reviews, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks again for taking the time.:) Maybe I'll get around to writing mine![/quote]

The hardest part is getting started, LOL. I uploaded all of my pics to webshots then write the story in Word using the sequence of pics as a reminder of what I did. I also refer back to my Fun Times to remember stuff. It's a nice way of reliving and remember the cruise :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise! I would love to do a B2B one day.

[quote name='re-re']Great review,My hubby insist on doing the Bob Marley tour, But 30 foot cliffs, Hmmmm i just don't know.:eek:I'm a chicken.[/quote]

Do it! It was a nice experience. I enjoyed traveling through the countryside and seeing authentically how the locals in the area live. It really makes me appreciate what I have, but at the same time I envy the simplicity of their lives. If you dont mind the noise and crazy ride, go! I just tell myself, they do this everyday. LOL

[quote name='Isa65']This was a fantastic review!! Great pictures, make me seem on the ship with you guys...
Looked liked the both of you had great fun![/quote]

Thanks....I'm glad you enjoyed it.

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Love your review and pictures....i agree with you about the Liberty but its still not my favorite Carnival ship. (Carnival Miracle) What was your favorite port?[/B][/quote]

Hey Bruce. Miracle is great too! My wedding ship, so she will always be special to me.

My favorite port.....this is tough. It's between Coz and GC. They are both so clean, relaxed and absolutely beautiful. I'm going to say GC. The beach was flawless. It was like Half Moon Cay, but with more things to do an see.

I'm most looking forward to visiting Coz again and experiencing more of the island though.

[quote name='amcjeep4life']You have written a great review! We have just under a year until we get to have our turn at this ship! We will have 3 grown women in a cabin, luckily none of us are girly, so we can get in and out of the shower/ bathroom in under 15 minutes![/quote]

I wish I could get in and out of the bathroom so fast, hahahahah. Krystal and I packed a LOT of stuff so our room felt more crowded than it needed too. Plus a certain younger cousin.....not saying any names....was a bit messy, hahahahah.

Sounds like you ladies will be fine! Have FUN!!!!

Great Review-I went to those ports on the Triumph 10 years ago and loved them. Going on my second cruise next month on the Liberty, but I am going to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I can't wait. I loved all your pictures-thanks for taking the time to post! I saw that you said you got married on a ship-was your wedding on the ship or one of the islands? How was that? We got married in Aruba and it was fabulous-Destination weddings are the best. Thanks again-I am even more excited for my cruise now! :)

[quote name='Calico Jack Sparrow']Great review.

A weed window? Really? Now that is funny.:D
Haven't heard of one of those since the college days.
A long time ago.:rolleyes:

Yohoho and 48 days away from my own Liberty experience.[/quote]

Here is a video that someone posted (about almost missing the ship).

You'll see the "weed window" at :40

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvnvhCMxBIU[/URL]

[quote name='jennb101']Great Review-I went to those ports on the Triumph 10 years ago and loved them. Going on my second cruise next month on the Liberty, but I am going to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I can't wait. I loved all your pictures-thanks for taking the time to post! I saw that you said you got married on a ship-was your wedding on the ship or one of the islands? How was that? We got married in Aruba and it was fabulous-Destination weddings are the best. Thanks again-I am even more excited for my cruise now! :)[/quote]

We were married on the Miracle while it was still in port in NYC. We had about 60 guests. My family is from NJ and NY and DH's is from MD, so it was a great way for most of them to attend. 10 of us sailed on and the other 50 got off before sail away. It was great. We were married in the theater on the stage and had our reception in the disco.

[quote name='Calico Jack Sparrow']Great review.

A weed window? Really? Now that is funny.:D
Haven't heard of one of those since the college days.
A long time ago.:rolleyes:

Yohoho and 48 days away from my own Liberty experience.[/quote]

The weed window is alive and thriving in Jamaica, hahahahah

[quote name='JerseyshoreBruce'][B]Alysia could you tell what beach you went to in Grand Cayman and how you got there....Thanks Alysia....we did Stingray City,Hell and Turtle Farm on our last trip there so want to do a beach thing this time![/B][/quote]

It was Royal Palms. We got off the ship and took the taxi vans. We asked to be taken to Royal Palms. It was $4pp to get there. Really easy and maybe a 10 min ride to the beach. They had wave runners, which my husband and uncle enjoyed.

[quote name='ibcnusoon']Here is a video that someone posted (about almost missing the ship).

You'll see the "weed window" at :40

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvnvhCMxBIU[/URL][/quote]

YUP! That's it! And that's Captain Crazy at the Bob Marley Foundation. Very Cool!

[quote name='jerseygirl79']

Do it! It was a nice experience. I enjoyed traveling through the countryside and seeing authentically how the locals in the area live. It really makes me appreciate what I have, but at the same time I envy the simplicity of their lives. If you dont mind the noise and crazy ride, go! I just tell myself, they do this everyday. LOL

Thanks....I'm glad you enjoyed it.[/quote]
Love your review. My son married a woman from Jamaica and when we went for the wedding we took a van from Mobay to Negril on the old highway. It was so crazy that when we got to Negril they sold tshirts that said "I survived the road to Negril"with pictures on them of goats in the road and gas trucks in the wrong lane and other stuff we saw. Bought them for everyone in our van.:D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='fredspaw']Wonderful pictures and great "story telling". We're getting ready for Liberty on 5/5/12 and with the pictures you shared, will be fun to see the upgrades they made in going to 2.0.[/quote]

Fred!!!!! See you onboard on 5/5!!!! I'm so looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades and Belize and Roatan!

[quote name='fredspaw']I can't wait!!!!!!! Under 400 hours til we go!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Have fun! I wrote a Liberty 2.0 review in my signature line with a lot of great pictures if you are interested.

Booking a Nov 2013 cruise on the Liberty (same room, too!) as we speak. Love that ship!

[quote name='Stacy1436']Your photos are so clear! What kind of camera did you use?[/quote]

Thanks! I have a Kodak EasyShare camera. It does take great pictures, but it's a bit big and bulky. Also, it's a bit slow in getting ready to take th next picture. I had a Sony Cybershot that I LOVED, but it was stolen :(

[quote name='fredspaw']I can't wait!!!!!!! Under 400 hours til we go!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

How awesome!!!!! HAHAHAHA.....that seems like no time at all when you put it like that!

[quote name='pyroguy']Have fun! I wrote a Liberty 2.0 review in my signature line with a lot of great pictures if you are interested.

Booking a Nov 2013 cruise on the Liberty (same room, too!) as we speak. Love that ship![/quote]

Great, I'll check it out!!!!

[quote name='jerseygirl79'][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=4][B]Jamaica is mountainous and lush[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2949302350107318563ZDEYkG"][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2674385180107318563XKVzaI"][IMG]http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/49848/2674385180107318563S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2172751740107318563SthRag"][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2742776760107318563bxVjQj"][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2892446180107318563GWJhaZ"][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]First off - what an awesome review!! I found myself chuckling throughout the entire thing. You take some awesome pictures, but the one above had to be the best for me. When I read reviews about the driving in other countries (particularly Jamaica) this is what I had in mind. HAHAHA. Thanks for posting this review...now I'm off to the Destiny one! (([I]220 days til I see her[/I]!))[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='smplyblessed619'][B][COLOR=seagreen]First off - what an awesome review!! I found myself chuckling throughout the entire thing. You take some awesome pictures, but the one above had to be the best for me. When I read reviews about the driving in other countries (particularly Jamaica) this is what I had in mind. HAHAHA. Thanks for posting this review...now I'm off to the Destiny one! (([I]220 days til I see her[/I]!))[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

I'm glad you liked it. I looked like a lunatic hanging my head and camera out the window. It was so weird because at any given moment a random local would be standing on the side of the road!!!! hahahahah I'd be like, "Whoa! Where'd he come from?"

[quote name='pyroguy']Have fun! I wrote a Liberty 2.0 review in my signature line with a lot of great pictures if you are interested.

Booking a Nov 2013 cruise on the Liberty (same room, too!) as we speak. Love that ship![/quote]

Pyroguy,

Thank you for posting this!:D I have been reading through and through again your details and enjoying the photos instead of sleeping,(after getting off a 12 hour shift I have less than 7 hours before I have to get ready to go back in - I hate working nights). Your review has increased my excitement 1000x's higher than it was, and I am not sure if I will get to sleep now! I can't wait! I hope I have as good an experience as y'all did!

Archived