Hotel advice

Hello all, I am after some advice on hotels close to the port that Radiance of the Seas sails from. We cruise quite a bit but have never embarked from Sydney. Any advice at all would be treaty appreciated :D ! Thanks.

Kim

if you have a look at www.wotif.com you can book 3 months out

Hello all, I am after some advice on hotels close to the port that Radiance of the Seas sails from. We cruise quite a bit but have never embarked from Sydney. Any advice at all would be treaty appreciated :D ! Thanks.

Kim

I copied this across from my reply to an earlier thread with a similar question. Hope it helps. It also includes the wotif site, which is excellent and reliable.

"There are several accommodation clusters in Sydney. I suggest you stick to areas near the Harbour. Your ship will dock at either the Overseas Terminal at Circular Quay or Wharf 5 near Darling Harbour. This is a link to a map showing both areas with hotels marked - not interactive so you will need to google the hotel names to check them out. The OT is at Circular Quay West on the map and the Darling Harbour Cruise Terminal is marked.

http://www.onlysydney.com.au/images/...ney-hotels.jpg

There is a wider range of economy priced (though not cheap - it is Australia!) hotels around the Darling Harbour area. Prices tend to be higher on the Harbourside but this area is better for walking around the Rocks area and harbour foreshores. The Holiday Inn is popular on that side and the Novotel and Mercure group hotels on the Darling Harbour side. If you are looking for budget accommodation you will need to look further afield to the area around Central Railway or Darlinghurst. Try the Wotif site - one of the bargain hotel deal sites in Oz.

http://www.wotif.com/hotels/australi...ey-hotels.html

Colleen

• 1 month later...

hello,

Just want to know of any nice (but not expensive) hotels that we may try for 1 night before our cruise leaves. We are arriving at the Auckland airport on 1-29-12 and will start our cruise 1-30-12. I understand the airport to the area near the port is about 30 minutes away. We want to stay close to the port so it's easy to get there the next day.

Any suggestions?

I will also be asking about where to stay in Perth, Australia when we arrive there mid Feb. 2012. Same story.... but this time we want to be near the airport in Perth so we don't have far to travel the next am.

Any suggestions?

Taking the Century on Celebrity. Love Celebrity and hope this crusie is as great as the others we've taken!;)

hello,

Just want to know of any nice (but not expensive) hotels that we may try for 1 night before our cruise leaves. We are arriving at the Auckland airport on 1-29-12 and will start our cruise 1-30-12. I understand the airport to the area near the port is about 30 minutes away. We want to stay close to the port so it's easy to get there the next day.

Any suggestions?

I will also be asking about where to stay in Perth, Australia when we arrive there mid Feb. 2012. Same story.... but this time we want to be near the airport in Perth so we don't have far to travel the next am.

Any suggestions?

Taking the Century on Celebrity. Love Celebrity and hope this crusie is as great as the others we've taken!;)

From Auckland airport to the centre of the city could take 45 minutes. Many cruise passengers stay at the Copthorne in Auckland. It is very close to the port and you could walk dragging your luggage. I am trying to estimate the distance - probably 500metres, most of it is within the wharf area. Otherwise get a taxi and the fare would be very low.

thank you!

Any thoughts on our stay in Perth? We will need an overnight there and leave the next day. This time we want to be closer to the airport since it's our trip to the US.]

Someone from Perth can probably give you the name of a hotel, otherwise check with 'Mr Google'. We have flown in and out of Perth airport a few times for cruises, and I can't recall seeing any hotels nearby. The airport is at least 45 minutes drive from Fremantle harbour, but it would be closer to Perth than that.

thank you! I'll wait to see if anyone else repsonds. Also, I see that the itinerary says that we dock our last day in Perth (Fremantle).

Why the 2 city names?

Fremantle is the port for Perth and the cities are so close that they merge. I suggest that the reason they show Perth is that it is a name that people recognise.

Archived