price drop after paying in full

Kentman23

Did you book ES?

If yes, then fill out the form and it will be OBC on your S&S account.

No ES...no OBC.

If you paid off your cruise early and it's not final payment day yet, then it would be OBC.

How do the price drops work after you've already paid your cruise off? Would an on board credit be on our S&S card? I've only ever done a price drop when there was still money to be paid. Thanks in advance!

If you booked Early Saver you have up til 2 days before sailing to submit a price drop and if it's approved it will be appiled as OBC to your S&S card.

We booked ES and paid in full months ago - exchange rate was great so we wanted to take advantage. With the recent price drop, Carnival wanted to give me a refund to my credit card instead of the OBC that the terms and conditions say they will give. I fought this as I would have lost out on exchange as it isn't as good now (not a huge change but still...).

Anyways I'm not sure if it was my TA or Carnival, but it took me three days and a very sternly written request to my TA before they finally agreed to give me OBC on two cabins. Took my two more days to get written confirmation from Carnival that it was done.

Again, I'm not sure if the delays should be blamed on the TA or Carnival - but I was very close to asking for a conference call as I was not willing to accept anything but OBC. In the end it all worked out though and have $80 in OBC to start with!. :)

We booked ES and paid in full months ago - exchange rate was great so we wanted to take advantage. With the recent price drop, Carnival wanted to give me a refund to my credit card instead of the OBC that the terms and conditions say they will give. I fought this as I would have lost out on exchange as it isn't as good now (not a huge change but still...).

Anyways I'm not sure if it was my TA or Carnival, but it took me three days and a very sternly written request to my TA before they finally agreed to give me OBC on two cabins. Took my two more days to get written confirmation from Carnival that it was done.

Again, I'm not sure if the delays should be blamed on the TA or Carnival - but I was very close to asking for a conference call as I was not willing to accept anything but OBC. In the end it all worked out though and have $80 in OBC to start with!. :)

ALL rates get price drops until final payment.

Had you made final payment early and paid it off, you could have gotten the OBC and not had to fight to get it.

Most people want it refunded to their credit card, so thats the way they do it up until you pay it off.

Archived