Does the Triumph have Stabalizer issues ?

Princesss

I read in a recent review there may be a problem with the Triumph's stabalizers. (after the dry dock) That was one person's opinion. I was wondering if anyone else who has been on the Triumph could share their experience, thank you

Iv been aft twice on Triumph .. all the way aft, aft facing OV and inside bottom last cabin and I think this ship has issues. It shook more than any other ship Iv ever been on.

One guy who had the aft corner on Main deck after me got his PVP to refund him money he was so upset about the shaking.

I dont know what causes the shaking, but it was bad enough that I personally believe this ship has issues in the aft. glad Im forward and high.

I was hoping these issues got fixed when people said probably most of the work was in the engine area .. or whatever is causing this ship to shake so badly. I admit I dont have any idea what causes it, but it was bad twice when I had a cabin all the way aft.

Iv been aft twice on Triumph .. all the way aft, aft facing OV and inside bottom last cabin and I think this ship has issues. It shook more than any other ship Iv ever been on.

One guy who had the aft corner on Main deck after me got his PVP to refund him money he was so upset about the shaking.

I dont know what causes the shaking, but it was bad enough that I personally believe this ship has issues in the aft. glad Im forward and high.

I was hoping these issues got fixed when people said probably most of the work was in the engine area .. or whatever is causing this ship to shake so badly. I admit I dont have any idea what causes it, but it was bad twice when I had a cabin all the way aft.

Oh No ! I am on same the cruise with you Nov 7 so I am worried about sea sickness ! I am high too, Panarama in an Obstructed room, 1003

Oh No ! I am on same the cruise with you Nov 7 so I am worried about sea sickness ! I am high too, Panarama in an Obstructed room, 1003

You wouldnt feel the shaking then. Its low and in the aft. I got the cabin with one of those free cruise post card things .. had no choice is how I wound up last inside cabin bottom deck. I know people dont believe me when I say the ceiling and the back wall it sounded like things were hitting it. We had to turn up the tv it was so loud. No one on CC believes me when I say Triumph has a bad shake. The cabin steward told me that particular cabin is hardly ever used, he uses it for storage, so they know the cabin I got is a problem. I just avoid booking that area now.

You wouldnt even know where you are. Its only low and aft.

I thought maybe it was all those trips up and down the mississippi out of NOLA where the ocean meets the river.. the ship shook for a hour when it pulls out to the ocean and repeated trips might have caused it. Only my own theory, and Im non mechanical.

You might feel motion, but you wouldnt even feel this shake where your cabin is located.

Most boats I've been on have the "shakes" in a certain location. There's normally a table or two in the Spirit class ships dining room, towards the aft, where you really don't want to sit. lol.

I don't really remember it from the Triumph, I'm trying to think of what it was like in the back show lounge.

One thing I remember from the Triumph was a random table up in lido buffet that shaked like it was in an earthquake for the entire trip. :D

I just got back from Triumph and stayed in 1003. I think the AC is right on the front of the boat and there is a really loud roar the whole time.

As far as stabilizers, the first day it was BAD. The boat was rocking side to side non stop. My sister went to the doctor and he told her they stabilizers weren't working and a ton of crew members had been coming to him that never had been sick before. $90 later he said go lay down and get some sleep and hope it gets better.

Walking down long hallways we found ourselves crashing into the sides. Also the pool on the Lido deck had waves in it from the boat rocking back and forth. They finally had to drain the pool since it was splashing all over people sitting 10-20 feet away from it. I didn't get sick but it was very noticable.

About 1/2 way through the 2nd day I think they got the problem fixed.

Archived