Kon-Tiki Party Boat

rharvey999

A couple more pictures

Ever see the movie, "Mutiny on the Bounty?" We were told this is the Boat from the movie.

2456928330102750642S600x600Q85.jpg

this area is next to the beach we stopped to relax at. There appeared to be a wedding chapel / Gazebo at the point of this part of the island

2305297130102750642S600x600Q85.jpg

Another view of the Island beach we stopped at for about an hour+. The Kon Tiki does have lunch items, but there was a small outdoor stand that sold drinks, beer and a lunch menu a bit larger and a mite cheaper than the ships.. Hey, if you don't like what they offer, you can get on and off the boat and take advantage of their lunch items. The Boat goes right up to the shore and you only have to get your tootsies wet to get on and off.

2302073440102750642S600x600Q85.jpg

A little closer view of the inside of the ship.

2820644210102750642S600x600Q85.jpg

Bob, add yours. I thought I got the glass bottom view, but I guess I didn't.

Thank you everyone for all the information and the pictures! :)

You've helped me decide!! My 4 year old daughter and I will be going on the Kon Tiki cruise in less than 2 weeks. I was concerned that it was a "booze cruise" but it sounds like that is not the case just a fun excursion for all ages. Yes! Can't wait!! :D

Mixed feelings on the Kon Tiki being back. I recall the days of seeing people stumble off this boat. On the otherhand it's good to see a part of "Old St.Thomas" back.

Scott

I had heard that the excursion originally was exactly that. But, I witnessed none of that in December when we took our cruise on it... it could be different if you go during Spring Break ... We had young kids, older folks (coming from me that means they were old) and everything in between. It's closer to a family excursion than a drunken party. The kids and ol' folks didn't dance, or limbo much on our excursion, but surely, no one "stumbled off the boat." It was fun and a real value as excursions go.

would this be a good excursion for people who are overweight and limited mobility? We will be in St. Thomas in April. We are on Explorer of the Seas. We have 2 people in our family who are very overweight and one who has trouble walking long distances. I noticed some excursions talk about weight restrictions but I did not see one for Kon-Tiki.

Looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks,

Loralie

would this be a good excursion for people who are overweight and limited mobility? We will be in St. Thomas in April. We are on Explorer of the Seas. We have 2 people in our family who are very overweight and one who has trouble walking long distances. I noticed some excursions talk about weight restrictions but I did not see one for Kon-Tiki.

Looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks,

Loralie

I don't know what would classify as "a good excurion", but we had a couple overweight people and one person who was in a wheel chair. They all got off at the beach and got back on with the staff's assistance. I'm sure they traveled too far from the boat, but it's really not needed have fun on it.

Would love to hear more reviews about children on this boat... I understand that it is no longer a "booze cruise", but will they get bored? (3- and 5-year olds). We are on a family vacation that will also include 90-yr old active grandmother, and thought that this may be easier for her to get on/off of.

The Kon Tiki will pick you up directly from the pier. Well, at least they did for those who docked at the Haversock (Sp) pier.

Marc, you did a nice job posting the pictures. Let me at least try to add one of us coming up to the beach.

We will be on the Explorer in April, will they pick us up at the pier? how do I find out what pier the Explorer will be at?

thanks,

Loralie.

We will be on the Explorer in April, will they pick us up at the pier? how do I find out what pier the Explorer will be at?

thanks,

Loralie.

Havensight Pier is where they "generally" dock this size ship. The Kon Tiki came right up to the pier behind all the ships to make its pick up and delivery. They also make a pick up near the town side walk at Main Street in Charlotte Amalie. I imagine they'd make pick ups at the new pier where the Oasis class docks, too.

Would love to hear more reviews about children on this boat... I understand that it is no longer a "booze cruise", but will they get bored? (3- and 5-year olds). We are on a family vacation that will also include 90-yr old active grandmother, and thought that this may be easier for her to get on/off of.

Warning: they use a gang plank to board (easy), there are steps getting to and from the gang plank, they use steps to disembark for the island stop over. They do help anyone and everyone as they use the steps in both places. The steps are the like those on a bunk bed and go up at an extreme level but are excessable with help for those needing such. The kids on board seemed to enjoy the cruise part, the glass bottom view of the fish and coral and the beach... what can I say on that. If grandma is pretty mobile, she should have no problem. I watched them load and unload a very large woman to and fro with out much problem... they should pay me for all this. Call them if you have concerns. I did and they were very pleasant;

Link to thier page

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more question about the beach portion of the Kon-Tiki Party Boat. When you get to the beach for an hour, do they have beach chairs set up? Do you have to rent them and if so, how much?

Thanks,

Loralie

There are no beach chairs at Honeymoon Beach.
It seems like it would be a good idea for them, except when you think of the fact that for the short hour plus you are on the beach they'd probably get very few people to pay any kind of rent on them.

O2B, thanks. I forgot the name "Honeymoon Beach."

Loralie, Bring some ship towels... At least 2 for each person. That's what we did and it worked out okay.

Edited by mamaza

• 4 weeks later...

I had the best time on this excursion. It was fun for all ages. They have a Steel Pan Band which plays music while you cruise. The fruit punch is free. They sell $2 rum shots which are more like a half glass full. The smoothies are great for the kids. They get the crowd really involved and also open the glass and drop it down so you can see the fish. Kids and adults of all ages will really enjoy this.

How does one book this excursion. We will be on the Carnival victory in September 2012. I am traveling with my two daughters 23 and 21. We like to find party people and good music and food and drink. Is this the one?

They only take bookings from Cruise Ship companies, on board or online. Check with your agent or Carnival to see when it's released.

• 1 month later...

So, you went and came back. Tell us of your adventures with the Kon Tiki party boat. As Mamaza (Marc, my brother from an alternate dimension) commented earlier we had a great time and felt it was well worth the money for a relaxing excursion.

My friends and I are thinking about going on the Oasis of the Seas in February 2013 and I was looking at excursions for St Thomas and happened on the Kon Tiki tour. I went on my first cruise on Carnival Festivale back in the 80's and took this tour while I was in college. It was a great party barge with FREE rum punch, it had the steel drum band and was a great time. It was so great that my 2 friends had to be driven back to the ship as they couldn't walk back to the ship. Needless to say, the whole ship saw us being driven back to the ship and having to be carried up the gangplank. I see that there isn't free rum punch on this tour but I had such good memories that I think that this will be the tour we take when in St Thomas.

Marlene

Edited by mcomo1027

Absolutely! There were a few young childeren on board and they joined in all the fun dancing and Limbo activities. They no longer give away free rum punch but now have a full pay bar. There is free fruit punch provided. I guess it cuts down on the rowdy crowd. However that being said everyone still had plenty to drink and a lot of fun.

The guests ages were anywhere from 30 - 60 years old. Everyone seemed to enjoy the tour so I would recommend it for all ages and families. It was really great that you could walk right off the boat onto the beach. I would think that feature would attract elderly people and families with small children who wouldn't want swim 50 yards to the beach.

Hope this answers your question.

How long did the tour last? How did you get there from the ship? Did they serve any lunch/food? I will be there with my two daughters 24 & 21 and I think they would love the live music. Sounds like alot of fun!! Did you time to do anything else..like shop before heading back to ship? Did you see a lot of people stumbling back..lol