Wild caught shrimp on Carnival?

calex1976

You are so right about needing to be frozen quickly. They can't just be sitting around waiting, and losing everything that makes them what they are. I like Royal Reds myself, have almost a lobster taste to them, so yummy.

I have a cousin that catches Royal Reds, I never caught any, never got over the idea of towing a mile of cable in that deep of water. I do love eating them though.

Even worse, the salmon is Atlantic (AKA FARMED)!!! BLECH.

Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon. Besides tasting SO different (in a bad way) its also so much less healthy than real salmon, and puts PACNW and Alaskan fishermen out of business.

I'm not much of a boycotter- but when it coms to farmed salmon I am religious about it!

Even worse, the salmon is Atlantic (AKA FARMED)!!! BLECH.

Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon. Besides tasting SO different (in a bad way) its also so much less healthy than real salmon, and puts PACNW and Alaskan fishermen out of business.

I'm not much of a boycotter- but when it coms to farmed salmon I am religious about it!

Down here we have bumper stickers that say "friends don't let friends eat imported sea food". I try to always try to check before eating any seafood. At least in Alabama restaurants have to say if it's imported or not. I hope this becomes national soon. Your correct about the taste also, pond raised seafood is never as good unless it is a species that can survive on it's own in ponds. Catfish and crawfish do very good in farms. I work in Louisiana and see the crawfish farms/rice fields through all the seasons. It's amazing the way they have them set up to raise crawfish then drain them and grow rice later on. Only bad thing is that Louisiana rice is fertilized by crawfish poop...lol.:eek:

I read your whole link and still don't see where there are any farm raised MAINE lobsters:rolleyes:

I never did see that either, but I did see somewhere that they are experimenting with pond raising them. I honestly hope it never works out for them. Some things are just meant to be caught wild and never domesticated.

Archived