Liberty of the Seas - In depth review of our Mediterranean Cruise!!

Thank you so much for your great report:)

It will be most useful as we're going on the same itinerary with Liberty next june:)

Added to favourites:cool:

Thanks so much! Glad I could be of help. If you have any questions before you go, please don't hesitate to ask. If I can answer, I will!!

Thanks for the great review, including the photos.

We did a similar Mediterranean cruise in 2009 on the Brilliance of the Seas, and we used Romeinlimo for three of the ports. They were awesome - and they did indeed give us a discount for using them for 3 tours.

I had to laugh when you talked about JFK...that's where we flew back through 2 years ago, and we got so LOST in the airport, we almost missed our flight. It was TERRIBLE!!!

We're heading back to the Mediterranean in 2012 on the Serenade, and I made sure to book a flight that doesn't go through JFK! Hee! I will NOT go through that again - we're going thru Atlanta, and I've been thru Atlanta customs numerous times, so I won't get lost!

Thanks again - can't wait for our cruise next summer!

Thanks for the great review, including the photos.

We did a similar Mediterranean cruise in 2009 on the Brilliance of the Seas, and we used Romeinlimo for three of the ports. They were awesome - and they did indeed give us a discount for using them for 3 tours.

I had to laugh when you talked about JFK...that's where we flew back through 2 years ago, and we got so LOST in the airport, we almost missed our flight. It was TERRIBLE!!!

We're heading back to the Mediterranean in 2012 on the Serenade, and I made sure to book a flight that doesn't go through JFK! Hee! I will NOT go through that again - we're going thru Atlanta, and I've been thru Atlanta customs numerous times, so I won't get lost!

Thanks again - can't wait for our cruise next summer!

How exciting!! Last time I went to Europe, I flew into Newark and it wasn't this bad at all.... that I remember.. lol. This was just a complete and utter mess! When we go again, I won't go thru JFK and I will allow for more than 3 hours between flights!!!

I just wished that we had other CC people on our roll call so we could book romeinlimo. Currently on the day we are in Rome the ncl Epic and and msc cruise is in port so over 10,000 cruisers. I looked on the ncl roll call for this date and nothing there either. We are just a couple so the price is a bit steep. I also posted on cruise pals (?) but no response yet. I am thinking worst case scenario is booking liberty's private train and pre booking the Vatican private guide.

Thanks again Pam, I keeping returning to your review. And liberty is now on her TA. Til next year!

Great review Pam! Thanks for taking the time. I will be on the Liberty for a TA and just checking up on her :-)

We had Mauro (RIL) too and loved him!!

Wasn't he funny? He had me giggling!!! Thanks for taking the time to read!!

I am envious of you. I love love LOVE Paris!! I can't wait to go back.

Edited by chasinraynbowz

I just wished that we had other CC people on our roll call so we could book romeinlimo. Currently on the day we are in Rome the ncl Epic and and msc cruise is in port so over 10,000 cruisers. I looked on the ncl roll call for this date and nothing there either. We are just a couple so the price is a bit steep. I also posted on cruise pals (?) but no response yet. I am thinking worst case scenario is booking liberty's private train and pre booking the Vatican private guide.

Thanks again Pam, I keeping returning to your review. And liberty is now on her TA. Til next year!

Give it time and keep posting. Ours was dead too and in the end we ended up with a decent little roll call.

You are still pretty far out, the one for our canal cruise didn't get busy till about 60 days out in terms of booking excursions. Remember that RIL has a fairly liberal cancellation policy so you can book and then cancel maybe 45 days out if you can't get anyone.

You are still pretty far out, the one for our canal cruise didn't get busy till about 60 days out in terms of booking excursions. Remember that RIL has a fairly liberal cancellation policy so you can book and then cancel maybe 45 days out if you can't get anyone.

I think its even more liberal than that, but thats ok.

Pushka, book them now so they are available and if need be, cancel. But I suspect your roll call will pick up!!! :D

We saw the Epic several times during our cruise. The last time we saw her, she was passing us as we sailed back to Barcelona and she was headed this way!! ;)

I know!!! I am so excited that she is heading back to us again. 6 weeks today, I'll be onboard:D

We saw the Epic several times during our cruise. The last time we saw her, she was passing us as we sailed back to Barcelona and she was headed this way!! ;)

I know!!! I am so excited that she is heading back to us again. 6 weeks today, I'll be onboard:D

I hope my roll call picks up earlier than 30 days out as were are traveling from Australia and touring Great Britain, Paris and a self drive tour of France the three weeks before we board. Tough, I know but someone's gotta do it!;)