How full is the ship?

btrbill

Carnival would never give out this info as its propietary info.

When your cruise is nearing sold out, some of us start counting the cabins left. If its under the standard number showing, then you know thats all in that category .. and add it up.

Only way is to count yourself. (no matter what people will tell you, unless they are TAs they cant see what is booked)

That "other" site is merely % of cabin catergories sold, not % of all cabins sold. For example, a ship has 20 cabin categories (ex. 1A, 4A-4J, 6A-6C, 8A-8F, 9A, OS and GS)(examples only people- not the actual categories on any one ship) and the 4 available 1As sell out. Well now there are 95% of the categories available (1/20 sold or 19/20 available). You have no idea as to this being the only cabins sold on the whole ship or if 10 8Cs, 7 6Cs, and 3 OS's, etc have also sold; so therefore, unable to determine the % of availability of all cruise cabins - just the availability of cabin categories.

That "other" site is merely % of cabin catergories sold, not % of all cabins sold. For example, a ship has 20 cabin categories (ex. 1A, 4A-4J, 6A-6C, 8A-8F, 9A, OS and GS)(examples only people- not the actual categories on any one ship) and the 4 available 1As sell out. Well now there are 95% of the categories available (1/20 sold or 19/20 available). You have no idea as to this being the only cabins sold on the whole ship or if 10 8Cs, 7 6Cs, and 3 OS's, etc have also sold; so therefore, unable to determine the % of availability of all cruise cabins - just the availability of cabin categories.

To me couldn't you just do the math?:confused:

I mean if you want to know the total # of rooms sold not the category? But it may be a good indicator of how full the ship is vs how full your category. Just saying...;)

To me couldn't you just do the math?:confused:

I mean if you want to know the total # of rooms sold not the category? But it may be a good indicator of how full the ship is vs how full your category. Just saying...;)

the problem being the sites only show 8 to 10 of the available cabins in each category .. thats why I said you can do it this way near sailing date, but earlier doesnt work.

So if I did this right, sailing on the Ecstasy on 10/31/2011 (Monday) there is only one Balcony, two OV, one Porthole, and two inside rooms left on the ship. Interesting...

We booked two OV rooms together on an interline rate and requested them to be close... they gave us one on the Riveria (midships) and one on the Upper (Forward). We did not have the option of selecting our cabins, and neither Carnival or my TA can do anything to change it... even though one of the available OV's is VERY close to one we have.

I will talk to Guest services once on board to see if they can do anything.

Thanks for the information!!

Bill

Archived