Travel Insurance covered by credit card co

irishcropper

Ok - as most others I'm totally confused by all the options for travel insurance. I checked w/my credit card company today and they said I have up to $100,000 accidental insurance for travel. Do I need additional insurance?We are going on a B2B for 14 days. TIA

The $100,000 policy is almost certainly travel-only accidental death coverage. Basically, in the beyond remote possibility that you are a victim in a serious and/or fatal plane crash, you get the benefit. That's it.

Yes, you probably need more insurance. At the least, medevac (if going to the Caribbean) and medical (if you don't have health insurance, or the insurance you have does not cover care outside the country.)

The $100,000 policy is almost certainly travel-only accidental death coverage. Basically, in the beyond remote possibility that you are a victim in a serious and/or fatal plane crash, you get the benefit. That's it.

Yes, you probably need more insurance. At the least, medevac (if going to the Caribbean) and medical (if you don't have health insurance, or the insurance you have does not cover care outside the country.)

It's amazing how many see those big numbers but have no idea that they'll never see it. Their heirs might be pleased however.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived