Aft cabins - which are the best?

lallarebecca

I´m finally about to bbook a Panama canal-cruise with Celebrity next year.

I´ve heard that the aft-cabins are the best ones, looking over both sides while passing through the canal, but which are the best ones?

I want all your opinions. We´ve been looking at deck 12, 9 and 8. :)

What do you recommend, I´ve never been onboard a Celebrity ship before.

Best regards,

Rebecca

Hi there, I can't say which one is best but I just wanted to say we did Panama Canal last year on a different line and had an aft cabin and it was AMAZING. I think you really get the best view with the aft, its very very cool... also they put the view from the front on the TV, so we had the TV on as well and were watching both at the same time, lol. We were on deck 11 or 12 on that ship, I would say think would be better because you would be closer to all of the action...

While aft's are nice (especially if this is on an M-Class ship) keep in mind that to truly experience the Panama Canal you want several different perspectives. You will miss a lot of you only do viewing from your balcony. You will have a richer experience if you move around and take in views from the bow, aft, port, starboard and high and low decks. There is lots to see and the view really changes depending on your vantage point.

Hi Rebecca,

I may have missed which ship you're sailing on however I was in a C1 Balcony Aft cabin on the Solstice this past April and loved it! We specifically were on the Resort Deck in cabin 2157 which is at the top of the ship and is approximately mid-ship or so. We had great views and have actually booked the exact same cabin only on the Eclipse for this upcoming April! I do agree with the above poster who mentioned to not limit yourself to only your cabin views and I'm sure you won't! In the meantime, I had no complaints with an aft cabin and really enjoyed the location of the one I was in!

The OP clarified this morning that she is inquiring about Century...

yep I see that now :)

& although I have been on the Century I haven't any advice to give on the Aft cabins aboard her.

Other than the ones on Deck 12 on the sides have "Interesting" configurations to their balconies and kinda hang out over the eating area.

Deck 12 is a nice place to have a cabin though..

I´m finally about to bbook a Panama canal-cruise with Celebrity next year.

I´ve heard that the aft-cabins are the best ones, looking over both sides while passing through the canal, but which are the best ones?

I want all your opinions. We´ve been looking at deck 12, 9 and 8. :)

What do you recommend, I´ve never been onboard a Celebrity ship before.

Best regards,

Rebecca

We have just done Hawaii on Century, returned 1st Nov. Do not choose 9230. Last concierge class available when we booked but no mention that it was not private. We were overlooked from rear of decks 9 and 10 and from Sunset bar on deck 11!!!! I was gutted when I realised on arrival but no chance to change as ship full. This was along awaited dream holiday for us. HAVE LOOKED AT NEXT YEARS BROCHURES AND STLL NO MENTION THIS CABIN (AND THE LAST ONE ON DECK 8) IS OVERLOOKED. I just had to get on with it and we had a marvellous holiday. Friends we made on ship were in a suite on deck 10 aft, they loved the views and said it was less windy back there. I think cabins aft of deck 9 would be just as good and if they are concierge class its worth it for the little extras. We will be looking at these when we do the Panama canal. Hope this helps.

lallarebeccca,

We have booked stateroom 1251 SV for the panama cruise Dec19, 2012.

When I booked in September there was only 2 SV still available.I really wanted one of the center SV's on this deck as first choice.

Deck 12 has only suites, SV ,insides and one OV. It is located above the pool deck and Sunset Bar. the SV balconies are above the white tarp over the Sunset Bar. If you look straight out you can see the wake and see in three directions. At night you can hear the guitar player in the bar area. It is like having your own live music. The balcony, though pie shape ,is bigger than a standard veranda. We picked the SV over the CC on other decks because we find it close to the pool area, very quiet and less traffic in the halls.

Some people are put off by the tarp and the gaps where you can see a little of the bar area below.

It does not bother us. Being on the aft of the ship for a 15 day cruise will be perfect for us.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived