Transportation question, can anyone help

lovelearnteach

We will be sailing in-out of Port Everglades, but we will be staying on South Beach in Miami post cruise. We are meeting some frinds from Canada who will have a car, but they are sailing in-out of Port Canveral. We will need to get from PE to SB and then from SB to FLL airport. We want to go as cheap as possible, and we really don't need a car, to rent one, although it may be cheaper to. I've heard there is a bus or train or shuttle from FLL to MIA, but I would prefer some kind of shuttle service if there is one.

Port Canaveral is hundreds of miles north of Port Everglades and it is a 30 to 45 minute drive between the FLL airport and the MIA airport - there is a cheap "airport flyer" bus that will take you from SB to MIA for about $2.50, but you are still a long distance from FLL.

Check with either SAS (www.ridesas.com) or QLS - both are FLL based shuttle operators who should be able to get you from Port Everglades to South Beach for about $15-20 per person. They can also get you back from SB to the FLL airport for about the same price. A taxi on those same runs would be $85-100 each way.:eek:

Good luck! :)

Port Canaveral is hundreds of miles north of Port Everglades and it is a 30 to 45 minute drive between the FLL airport and the MIA airport - there is a cheap "airport flyer" bus that will take you from SB to MIA for about $2.50, but you are still a long distance from FLL.

Check with either SAS (www.ridesas.com) or QLS - both are FLL based shuttle operators who should be able to get you from Port Everglades to South Beach for about $15-20 per person. They can also get you back from SB to the FLL airport for about the same price. A taxi on those same runs would be $85-100 each way.:eek:

Good luck! :)

Thank-you JohninDC, that is exactly what I needed! I know it will take our friends at least 4 hours until they get to PE, and we don't want to have to sit there all that time waitin for them. We want to go ahead and head to SB, but I knew a taxi would be outrageous, $15-$20pp is much more reasonable. Some one on another thread said there is a public bus that we could take, but that's a little more adventerous than I would care for. They also said there is some kind of train that runs between airports?

You should contact SAS right away to see if they can squeeze you into their route and schedule. It can take a couple of days to hear back from them.

Thank-you so much royalcruz, I was starting to wonder because I emailed them yesterday and was wondering why I hadn't heard from them yet. I will give it a couple of more days, before I start to panic :eek:;).

Thank-you so much royalcruz, I was starting to wonder because I emailed them yesterday and was wondering why I hadn't heard from them yet. I will give it a couple of more days, before I start to panic :eek:;).

You might also check the spam filter in your email system - sometimes the replies from SAS get caught up there. Good luck! :)

Archived