Changing dates/sailings questions on ES.

carbreylynn

Details:

Booked ES for a Balcony cabin on Triumph.

Sails Jan 7th out of Houston.

5 day cruise.

Final payment due Nov 8, which I have not made yet.

We booked this cruise in Sept thinking there would be no reason we'd ever have to cancel BUT my husband just got an amazing job offer that he is taking which he would start working there the week after Thanksgiving and he would be on a sort of a probationary basis for 90 days which = NO VACATION DAYS during that time :(

We were thinking about just doing a 3 or 4 day cruise instead, can we switch from a 5 day to a 3 or 4 day? Is this considered a "downgrade"? We would still chose a balcony cabin. Also I am aware of the $50 pp fee. Now say even after the $50 pp fee the price comes out lower, what happens to that extra money? And what about the ships that don't have balconies? A lot of the 3 and 4 day cruises I'm showing are on the Imagination and Inspiration(no balcony rooms) how would that situation work, would I have to book a suite? Also do I have to book the new sailing on Early Saver or can I choose another rate, like Past Guest rate?

TIA :)

It doesnt matter what you book next, with the future credit, but be sure you do cancel before 24 hours before your final payment date, or regular cancellation penalties will kick in.

I would cancel now and get it changed right away. .. you have 2 years to use the remaining credit for the rest of the deposit minus the $50 fee.

once you hit nov 8th, you lose all your deposit if you cancel.

It doesnt matter what you book next, with the future credit, but be sure you do cancel before 24 hours before your final payment date, or regular cancellation penalties will kick in.

I would cancel now and get it changed right away. .. you have 2 years to use the remaining credit for the rest of the deposit minus the $50 fee.

once you hit nov 8th, you lose all your deposit if you cancel.

There are many times that your hints and knowledge have been both accurate and helpful. I have not yet to meet you on a cruise, but it's great to have you on the boards. :D

There are many times that your hints and knowledge have been both accurate and helpful. I have not yet to meet you on a cruise, but it's great to have you on the boards. :D

well thank you. Im on triumph next week, and so are other people I have meet previously from CC, so lets hope you and I meet on some other ship.

Archived