What time do you actually return to port from PCC Luau and Show

Immebsmom

We are on the Golden Princess from 12/21 to 1/4 and we are leaving Honolulu an hour earlier (10pm instead of 11pm) than the other ships. From everything I have read, the shows at most of the luaus end at 9pm, and then they figure in an hour and a half to get you back on buses and back to the port. The Princess excursion shows that you will return by 930pm (apparently they have a really fast bus) and will not miss any of the show. I am curious as to what time folks who have actually done this excursion through Princess or other cruiseline actually got back to the port. I know they won't leave without us, but I am thinking of doing a private luau, and wonder if I really have some wiggle room on getting back to the ship. Thanks everyone!

Laura

• 1 month later...

I took the cruise tour to the polynesian cultural center. They got us there about 1:00 - 1:15. We were able to visit 4 out of the 7 villages and saw their shows. We were able to see the water parade of the 7 tribes, attended the luau and the Ha-Breath of Life show.

The village shows were very entertaining and informative. They gave us a taste of what it was like to live on the different islands years past. I especially liked the guy that showed us how to open a coconut and get the milk out. He was very funny. I think it was Fuji.

The parade of the tribes was very good. I liked how they chanted and did their native dances.

The luau entertain was good. They did several hula throughout the dinner. The food was average and served buffet style.

The best part and what made it worth the price, was the Ha- Breath of Life show. The entertainers were truly breath-taking. Loved the story, the fire-dancing, the precision and stamina that it took.

I don't believe if you're on a cruise, you will be able to stay for the Ha show if you're not on their tour. They will only wait for the tours booked thru them and if there's an accident on the road, the detour will add another 45 minutes and you'll miss the ship. If you rent a car, I believe that you have to get it back around 6 or 7 p.m.

And unless you're planning on going to the Ha show, then it's not worth the time to go to the Polynesian Center. Unless you're visiting the island for several days.

If you want to save money, there is a luau on the ship on this day and they bring a group on board for a hula show that day. They taped the show and showed it in the room on the last day, but it didn't tape well and was probably much better in person. Because we took the tour, they were taking down the luau when we got back after 10:30 p.m. And the deck party was winding down.

Hope this helps!

Also, I just wanted to say, I really enjoyed the Golden Princess and Hawaii. What wonderful memories we made!

It was kind of cold on the ocean. I would recommend bringing sweatshirts, jackets and other warm clothing and be prepared for rain.

I even brought along a throw so that I could sit on our balcony! Worked great!

Here's to wishing you as wonderful of a time as we experienced! Can't get no better then that!!

Archived