Nachi in December?

2Cruzin Fools

Has anyone been to Nachi in December? Is it too cold and windy to be at the beach? We were there in September and it was beautiful, but are not sure what to expect in December and don't want to make a reservation and then regret it. Thanks for any input.

I just got back, was at Nachi Cocom Thursday Nov. 3rd. It was beautiful and very warm, hot at times.

I'v been looking on cruise ctitic for a place to write a post about my experience. I just think girls/women need to know this if going to Nachi without guys with them.

Cozumel Beach Break at Nachi Cocom

Excursion date: November 3, 2011

This was my first time to Nachi Cocom. I was so looking forward to it. I had read about it on cruise critic, and my sister had been a couple of times and had a great experience. So my friend and I thought it would be the perfect excursion for us. We were going on a cruise for relaxation!

When we arrived at Nachi-Cocom, no one greeted us or met us to take us to where we needed to sit or pay our balance owed. So we just found our own way to some chairs. In about 20 min. someone came and took our drink order. After another 20 min. I walked to the bar and ordered again and carried our own drinks back to the beach. The service was very slow. They were not busy so I was not sure what the problem was. Another person had said this was unusual for Nachi Cocom. So we over looked the slow service and met some great people.

But then....an employee named Leonardo approached us. He had a white shirt on, (That had the Nachi Cocom Logo) which was a different color then the waiters. He was very vulgar to us. Asked my girlfriend and I if we were looking for sex and kept saying nasty things. We were shocked and told him to go away!! He approached us again later. We then stayed by some people we had met until we got a taxi to leave!! We are two women in our 50's and I guess he thought that was ok to approach us like that. So much for a relaxing day!! We left after just being there for a few hours! My friend was so scared and I was just shocked over what happened!

We did have a waiter that was very nice, his name was Joseph. But I will never return to, or recommend Nachi cocom.

2Cruzin Fools: We have been to Coz several times in Jan and Feb, and were in Nachi last February. It rained for about 30 minutes in the morning and then the sun came out. Every time we have been to Coz in the winter, it has never been cold, or even cool for that matter. Always in the 80's at least!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think the water temp was? I am also very concerned about what the ladies posted. It would be just me and my daughter there so it is uppermost on my mind. Not sure if I am going to book or not now. I was ready to book until I read that. Yikes! Just not sure now. I emailed them a couple days ago about what the ladies said and they have not emailed me back.

E-Beth

What do you think the water temp was? I am also very concerned about what the ladies posted. It would be just me and my daughter there so it is uppermost on my mind. Not sure if I am going to book or not now. I was ready to book until I read that. Yikes! Just not sure now. I emailed them a couple days ago about what the ladies said and they have not emailed me back.

E-Beth

No place is perfect 100% of the time; we've always enjoyed Nachi and never had similar service issues. Read the reviews on these boards and Trip Advisor and you'll see that 99% are very positive. Good luck! :)

Rougecruiser, it is very unfortunate that this happened to you...

Personally I refuse to let someone like that ruin my day or my vacation. I would try to speak to management on the spot, the very minute someone crosses the line. Behavior like this can and will impact their reputation and I'm sure they'll take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again.

In a couple of months it will be my Mom and I at Nachi's by ourselves and I plan to have a great day. Should this Leonardo (or anyone else for that matter) intend to mess up my Cozumel day, they'll have something BIG coming!

E-Beth

Elizabeth -- I have been to Nachi Cocum three times and will be going again in March. My trip last November was a "girls trip" with three of my friends. We felt safe the whole time and had an excellent day! If anyone would approach you and act inappropriately, I would alert the waiter immediately. Nachi has built a huge following/reputation and I do not think they want it destroyed.

Also, we have been to Nachi in January, July and November. The water temp was a little cooler in January, but it was not cold. Have a great trip!

Julie

Archived