New Royal WOW Program

So what do you think of the new Royal Wow Program ..emails are arriving about it now it seems -

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

We appreciate hearing from our most loyal guests when our onboard staff go above and beyond to make your cruise experience extra special. Now, as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you will have the exclusive opportunity to personally recognize one of those individuals onboard, through our new Royal WOW! program.

How to Participate in the Royal WOW! Program

• You'll receive a Royal WOW! Card from our pier staff during check-in on your next voyage.
  • Simply fill in The Royal WOW! card with the name of the crew member you would like to recognize, your name, membership number, and any comments you'd like to include.
  • You can present the Royal WOW! card personally to the crew member you wish to recognize, submit it in the drop box located at Guest Services or in the Loyalty & Cruise Sales area.

We know these crew members have a big impact on your vacations with us, and we'll be recognizing them in special ways as they receive these cards. Thank you for helping us recognize the crew member who delivers the best service to you onboard. We look forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Warm regards,

Betsy O'Rourke

Senior Vice President

Marketing Royal Caribbean International

We get such good service I think I may have trouble picking out just one person. It's not uncommon for our comment card to include 15-20 people.

Edited to add - it's helpful that we tend to sail the same ship so we get aquainted with many of the same people over the years.

Both my husband and I got an email(even though it was to the same email addy:rolleyes:)...........sounds like what they used to a few years ago.........I forget what they call it,but it was the same thing....

Im surprised you can hand it right to the employee though.........before it had to be turned into guest relations only..

It is hard to pick only one when there are usually so many deserving..

I forget what they call it,but it was the same thing....

I think it was related to the Gold Anchor Service theme. But basically same thing. They have always solicited feedback at cruise end and asked for names of anyone who had done anything special. I suppose this formalizes it a bit more. Given the way the staff have actively asked that if we have been impressed but their service that we note it in the comments I suspect there will be a fair bit of competition to collect cards. Hopefully "winners" will be suitable rewarded by RCI. Thus giving a particular person a WOW card would certainly be a "super tip" of a different kind.

After reading this email and talking to crew members on our recent sailing, I am interested to see how this will all work out.

We spoke at length with a bartender who said that he had been told from his customers that many of them had written good things about him and that he had NEVER once heard from management about it. They post a board with their names & the positive comments about them after the sailing is complete. He has no reason to doubt that his past customers would write favorably about him, but he was very skeptical about the company recognizing the staff.

I have been in customer service for many years, and made sure to write up an evaluation for him that included things that management likes to hear. He & I keep in touch on Facebook now so I'm hoping to hear that he gets recognized, but at least I'll know for sure now since I can ask him directly.

I think it was related to the Gold Anchor Service theme. But basically same thing. They have always solicited feedback at cruise end and asked for names of anyone who had done anything special. I suppose this formalizes it a bit more. Given the way the staff have actively asked that if we have been impressed but their service that we note it in the comments I suspect there will be a fair bit of competition to collect cards. Hopefully "winners" will be suitable rewarded by RCI. Thus giving a particular person a WOW card would certainly be a "super tip" of a different kind.

The thing I was referring to was different than the comment cards......you could only mention one person..It was called something like the Commodore Club

The thing I was referring to was different than the comment cards......you could only mention one person..It was called something like the Commodore Club

I remember something like that. The one I remember you had to be diamond or above to do it (my mom and I were different levels so she got one and I didn't). We ended up sailing again 3 1/2 years later with the person from guest services that she submitted - the person was now the concierge on enchantment.

I always wondered if that was limited to Radience or if the program had been eliminated.

We've sometimes written letters to Miami and been told later that the letters had been put on a board somewhere on ship for the crew members to see. We do get excellent service and believe in seeing it recognized and some of the people aren't in tipped positions (guest services, facilities, etc).

This program sounds similar to Princess' You Made a Difference comment cards. You can recognize multiple crew members, and it gets turned into customer service. I'm surprised that you can hand it to the crew member with RCI's program. And, it's difficult to narrow it down to just one crew member each crews, though I guess if each family member gets a card, we can spread it around.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and if the crew member is truly rewarded.

While I've always provided excellent comments for crew who deserved it, I (like many other posters here) remain sceptical that RCI recognizes them. At most, I believe it is rather inconsistent.

After reading this email and talking to crew members on our recent sailing, I am interested to see how this will all work out.

We spoke at length with a bartender who said that he had been told from his customers that many of them had written good things about him and that he had NEVER once heard from management about it. They post a board with their names & the positive comments about them after the sailing is complete. He has no reason to doubt that his past customers would write favorably about him, but he was very skeptical about the company recognizing the staff.

I have been in customer service for many years, and made sure to write up an evaluation for him that included things that management likes to hear. He & I keep in touch on Facebook now so I'm hoping to hear that he gets recognized, but at least I'll know for sure now since I can ask him directly.

Bartenders typically stay bartenders. I have a good friend who is also a bartender...he says they get 2 week placements just so it's fair. But maybe the ones with the positive comments are more 'out front' than the ones without.

Who knows. I'm not really sure why we all analyze everything...but it sure is fun!

Marsha

Just received this email, and am so happy to see it! There have been a few staff members that have gone above and beyond and I think this is a great way for them to be instantly recognized.

We appreciate hearing from our most loyal guests when our onboard staff go above and beyond to make your cruise experience extra special. Now, as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you will have the exclusive opportunity to personally recognize one of those individuals onboard, through our new Royal WOW! program.

• You'll receive a Royal WOW! Card from our pier staff during check-in on your next voyage.
  • Simply fill in The Royal WOW! card with the name of the crew member you would like to recognize, your name, membership number, and any comments you'd like to include.
  • You can present the Royal WOW! card personally to the crew member you wish to recognize, submit it in the drop box located at Guest Services or in the Loyalty & Cruise Sales area.

We know these crew members have a big impact on your vacations with us, and we'll be recognizing them in special ways as they receive these cards. Thank you for helping us recognize the crew member who delivers the best service to you onboard. We look forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Warm regards,

Betsy O'Rourke

Senior Vice President

Yikes...

The first half of my post disappeared!

I think they use the card for promotions. For example an assistant waiter/cabin steward who has many positive comments may be promoted to waiter/steward before some one with the same length of service but with fewer positive comments.

Both my hubby and I just received our emails regarding this. I think it's a great idea but it would be tough to narrow it down to one person! There are SO many wonderful staffers on board RC ships.

This definitely has an impact on promotions for the staff as we've had a few of them explain this to us in the past (we always drop a comment card mid week for outstanding service so this is how these conversations begin). I'm not referring to bartenders (just read the other post) but room stewards, wait staff, guest services etc.

Great idea RC!

:)

Kathy.........Your mind is like a steel trap! It was called the Commodore Club, and one day it just sort of went away. I enquired as to what happened, and was never given a good reason..........something like they had run out of cards.

There are so many loyal employees that need to be recognized. I also know that some are recognised as an employee of the month, etc.

I hope that todays program means something for the crew members.:)

Rick

:)

Kathy.........Your mind is like a steel trap! It was called the Commodore Club, and one day it just sort of went away. I enquired as to what happened, and was never given a good reason..........something like they had run out of cards.

There are so many loyal employees that need to be recognized. I also know that some are recognised as an employee of the month, etc.

I hope that todays program means something for the crew members.:)

Rick

Amazing when I remember things while most times I just forget:o:o

We had a fantastic waiter on one of our Enchantment cruises so wrote to Miami and the next time we were on board asked if he was still there. The head waiter let him know and he came over now no longer a waiter, but with stripes on his shoulders and a big smile. He said he wanted to thank us as our letter helped him get a step up the ladder, as he was informed as to how it all happened.:)

We had the same thing happen with a photographer we liked on Grandeur. Wrote a letter to the hotel director and Miami which included him. 1 1/2 years later we get on Enchantment and the first evening he comes running down the steps to give us a hug. He'd been promoted to assistant photo manger and was on Enchantment. He recognized our boarding pictures as he was helping to put them out and knew from taking pictures on Grandeur where we alwas sat listening to music. He said that our letter(s) helped him get his promotion. We've had others tell us out letters helped get them some time off and hopefully some promotions.

Got the e-mail from RCI this morning. Nice idea. It implies we choose only ONE outstanding crew member, which may be a tough choice. We've always had several crew members who seem to go that extra mile.

I'm speculating that the company may be wary that if guests were provided with multiple WOW cards, some guests would present a card for every crew member who provides a positive service experience ... while the intention of the program is to recognize the most outstanding -- the crème de la crème.

Just received an e-mail in reference to this new program. Now we can recognize the crew members at Royal. Excellent idea!!

Dear XXXXXXX ,

You'll receive a Royal WOW! Card from our pier staff during check-in on your next voyage.

Simply fill in The Royal WOW! card with the name of the crew member you would like to recognize, your name, membership number, and any comments you'd like to include.

You can present the Royal WOW! card personally to the crew member you wish to recognize, submit it in the drop box located at Guest Services or in the Loyalty & Cruise Sales area.

Warm regards,

Betsy O'Rourke

Senior Vice President

Archived