The fare for our cruise went down, but duhh

ottmar

We are a month away from our cruise and NCL on their web site shows my cabin at $60 less per person than what we paid.

My travel agent said once I paid my final payment I am locked in. They did say that NCL may upgrade me but in looking what is available I would still have to pay about $100 for that upgrade.

I don't want to pay more money so I guess no dice.

....Ott

We are a month away from our cruise and NCL on their web site shows my cabin at $60 less per person than what we paid.

My travel agent said once I paid my final payment I am locked in. They did say that NCL may upgrade me but in looking what is available I would still have to pay about $100 for that upgrade.

....Ott

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

one, you were happy with the price you paid or you wouldn't have booked so let it go. No matter what you pay, there will always be someone that paid less, unless you cruise free. and second, as mentioned have your agent try for an OBC, but with a $60 price difference I am not sure you will get it. We have done this many times, usually NCL will give you something. As for the upgrade, I think your agent is wrong. You should have her/him, at least ask. NCL is very good at this, but sometimes the upgrade isn't worth the bother. This doesn't mean an inside to outside or outside to Balc necessarily. It could be a BB to BA, which means little and the location might not even be as good.

Nita

I look at price reductions in a different light. I always am very particular about where my cabin is, and select a specific cabin that has cabins above and below where I can avoid the thumping bass of a nightclub above me, or the noise of a kitchen below me.

When the price goes down, most of the cabins still available are in less desirable locations. The decrease in price also gives you an opportunity to secure a better cabin for much less than if you reserved it in the first place.

My cruise went down after final payment and I asked if they offer anything and we were given additional OBC for each cabin. Doesn't hurt to ask nicely.

Whom did you ask, the travel agent or NCL direct? It is notthat I am unhappy with what I have now, but $120 buys a lot of beers, if I can get it (or anything), if not so be it.

...Ott

Our total fare for 2 cabins went down a little over $500. They offered $70 OBC each cabin. We had already gotten $50 OBC each when booking. So now we have $120 each.

Congrats!

We have had "issues" in the past and NCL has given us OBC. I'd ask your TA to call them.

When mine went down I emailed my NCL rep and I gave him my award winning Columbo act. About an hour later he called me.

He gave me $100 OBC. He explained that once the date of final payment passes then they normally don't do anything, but they did this as a goodwill gesture.

....Ott

I have booked many cruises and several from NCL, I always call back to get the better price. Actually just did this yesterday and got an OBC instead of $$ back, which I would rather have anyway since the cruise is already paid for. When I book my cruise my agent who is thru NCL agent told me to always recheck the price for this exact reason.

It isn't worth the trouble, I'll just let it go since I am not really in financial straights.

I think you are doing the right thing, but if it had been more I would go directly to your TA. The cruise line, normally will not deal with the passenger directly as the reservation technically belongs to the Travel Agent.

Nita

Archived