pregnant on board

gizmo13

just found out i am pregnant and will be cruising on pearl in spring. will be 21 weeks. cruise line says u can cruise up to 24 weeks. anyone ever cruised around that time in pregnancy or should i cancel. i only have a month to cancel to get my money back

Lots of pregnant people travel and cruise (of course up until the cut off time). I'm sure the reason for that is if you have any complications you are way out at sea and not close to medical help besides the ship's doctor.

If your pregnancy is going well and you get an OK from your doctor I don't see why you can't.

I'm assuming this is your first pregnancy, since most are a little more relaxed about doing things after their first. What does your doctor say? He/she would be the best judge of how safe they feel it would to travel where you are not close to extensive medical help or in the case of the Caribbean not close to American standards for medical help.

I agree with the previous poster. If you do decide to cruise, make sure that you have a comprehensive trip insurance policy. It should not exclude pre-existing conditions (especially pregnancy) for last minute cancellation and for medical care and evacuation during the cruise.

Congrats on the pregnancy- and enjoy your cruise.

just found out i am pregnant and will be cruising on pearl in spring. will be 21 weeks. cruise line says u can cruise up to 24 weeks. anyone ever cruised around that time in pregnancy or should i cancel. i only have a month to cancel to get my money back

Gizmo - congratulations! My very first cruise w/my dh was 18 years ago when I was about 17 weeks pregnant on Norwegian's Windward. We had a fabulous time time and its possible cruising then is why our dd LOVES to cruise.

I agree w/the previous poster about a comprehensive insurance policy. But assuming your doctor/midwife agrees, go for it! And I hope you have a wonderful time.

Archived