6 month old ?

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Hello all we need your help. We have a new addition to the family and will be our first time traveling with our little one on a cruise. This will be our first cruise with disney and would appreciate any info you can give us.

day care cost's

is there alot of other familes with young one's on board

and any other suggestions or experiece you have would be a great help

Hello all we need your help. We have a new addition to the family and will be our first time traveling with our little one on a cruise. This will be our first cruise with disney and would appreciate any info you can give us.

day care cost's

is there alot of other familes with young one's on board

and any other suggestions or experiece you have would be a great help

I have not traveled with a infant but I have seen these things on the Disney site also here is a site with lots of information. http://www.********************/cruise/planning/infants.html

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/gifts-and-amenities

Babies Travel Lite

Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order your favorite baby items and delivers them to your Disney Cruise Line stateroom.

Forget packing and carrying the diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, food, bathing supplies and countless other items your baby will need while on your cruise. Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order all your baby items and then delivers everything right to your stateroom! The service offers a number of conveniences, such as:

• More than 1,000 brand name baby products
  • Same trusted products you use at home, including a full line of organic and Earth-friendly products
  • Quantity customized to the length of your cruise
  • Easy online service

Visit the Babies Travel Lite website for more information!

Guests also have access to a host of onboard services to facilitate traveling with toddlers in tow:

-- Diaper Genie units, cribs and playpens are available complimentary upon request from the stateroom host/hostess for use during the cruise.

-- Bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers and strollers are available complimentary at Guest Services for use during the cruise.

-- At Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas, wagons are available to facilitate navigating the island's sandy beaches.

-- Baby supplies are available for purchase on the ships.

We took our 10 month-old daughter on a Holland America cruise, so I don't know specifics for Disney but can share some general thoughts. Also, I recently took a transatlantic Disney cruise and did see a fair number of little ones on board, so I suspect you will definitely not be alone.

One thing Disney has that Holland America did not is a nursery. You have to pay for the service and make reservations in advance, but we did go walk around in there just to see what it was like and it was adorable. It's called Flounder's Reef and is all themed to The Little Mermaid. The cast members in there really seemed to love babies, so I would have no concerns about leaving my bundle of joy in their care! Disney also put age-specific activities on the daily schedule, including meet-ups for parents with toddlers and infants. One thing Disney does really well is to create special opportunities for all age groups and people of various cruising situations to feel special and appreciated.

As for Babies Travel Lite, we used a similar service with Holland America although everything was provided by the cruise line itself. In fact, due to a little mix-up, they forgot to provide all the diapers we asked for and one of the ship's officers had to go ashore in the first port (this was a Norwegian fjords cruise) and buy the rest at a convenience store! Although the price was a little high for the diapers, wipes, formula, and jarred food it was well worth it for us to not have to lug all that stuff ourselves.

The other thing I'll point out is that lots of parents on these boards seem to avoid the late dinner seating when they have little ones in their party. I have the opposite philosophy--late dinner provides the best chance of not interfering with nap times, allows you to enjoy the shows before dinner if you want, gives more time to enjoy shore excursions (of which there are generally plenty you can enjoy even while pushing a stroller), and provides for a more leisurely meal since they don't have to get you out to turn tables for the next seating.

We took our 10 month-old daughter on a Holland America cruise, so I don't know specifics for Disney but can share some general thoughts. Also, I recently took a transatlantic Disney cruise and did see a fair number of little ones on board, so I suspect you will definitely not be alone.

One thing Disney has that Holland America did not is a nursery. You have to pay for the service and make reservations in advance, but we did go walk around in there just to see what it was like and it was adorable. It's called Flounder's Reef and is all themed to The Little Mermaid. The cast members in there really seemed to love babies, so I would have no concerns about leaving my bundle of joy in their care! Disney also put age-specific activities on the daily schedule, including meet-ups for parents with toddlers and infants. One thing Disney does really well is to create special opportunities for all age groups and people of various cruising situations to feel special and appreciated.

As for Babies Travel Lite, we used a similar service with Holland America although everything was provided by the cruise line itself. In fact, due to a little mix-up, they forgot to provide all the diapers we asked for and one of the ship's officers had to go ashore in the first port (this was a Norwegian fjords cruise) and buy the rest at a convenience store! Although the price was a little high for the diapers, wipes, formula, and jarred food it was well worth it for us to not have to lug all that stuff ourselves.

The other thing I'll point out is that lots of parents on these boards seem to avoid the late dinner seating when they have little ones in their party. I have the opposite philosophy--late dinner provides the best chance of not interfering with nap times, allows you to enjoy the shows before dinner if you want, gives more time to enjoy shore excursions (of which there are generally plenty you can enjoy even while pushing a stroller), and provides for a more leisurely meal since they don't have to get you out to turn tables for the next seating.

thanks Ice man

For all the info. As we have travelled alot together before on many cruise this is our first time with our little one. Just trying to figure out the best way to go and from what we have heard is Disney all the way. And the nursery will be a big help for us to get some adult time here and there.

I have not traveled with a infant but I have seen these things on the Disney site also here is a site with lots of information. http://www.********************/cruise/planning/infants.html

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/gifts-and-amenities

Babies Travel Lite

Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order your favorite baby items and delivers them to your Disney Cruise Line stateroom.

Forget packing and carrying the diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, food, bathing supplies and countless other items your baby will need while on your cruise. Babies Travel Lite lets you pre-order all your baby items and then delivers everything right to your stateroom! The service offers a number of conveniences, such as:

• More than 1,000 brand name baby products
  • Same trusted products you use at home, including a full line of organic and Earth-friendly products
  • Quantity customized to the length of your cruise
  • Easy online service

Visit the Babies Travel Lite website for more information!

Guests also have access to a host of onboard services to facilitate traveling with toddlers in tow:

-- Diaper Genie units, cribs and playpens are available complimentary upon request from the stateroom host/hostess for use during the cruise.

-- Bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers and strollers are available complimentary at Guest Services for use during the cruise.

-- At Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas, wagons are available to facilitate navigating the island's sandy beaches.

-- Baby supplies are available for purchase on the ships.

thanks for the info Mike and NIck a big help

Archived