Charlie

newmexicoNita

We were so fortunate to meet Dianne and Gwynn on a cruise to Mexico. She was an incredible woman and we will miss her. The memories of that cruise will remain with us forever. Including our adventures in P. V. and Cabo.

Gwynn, you are in our thoughts and sending you prayers of comfort during this difficult time. Our hope is that sometime in the future our paths will cross again.

Janet and Jim

Yes, Dianne passed peacefully on Saturday 11-12-2011. Nita said that she had started this thread and I stopped by to express my thanks.

She would have been celebrating her 64th birthday on December 2nd in Cozumel during our Spirit cruise.

She normally brought around 50# of candy for each cruise to share with the crew. She always felt that the happiness that it brought them was worth the effort.

Regarding military service, I was the 98Charlie. When I registered for CC it was an easy screen name choice for me. We had known each other since age 10 and were married at Ft. Dix. We shared everything so it seemed normal for us to use the same CC account. There may have been confusion since my given name is often taken as a female name.

We were together during my assignment in Berlin ('69-'71) where she turned our home into a USO for many of the single soldiers in my unit. We were certainly never lonely on Thanksgiving or Christmas when she and a couple of other wives would cook holiday meals all day long.

I could go on about the many things she did for both active military and veterans over the course of our life together. Suffice it to say that she worked tirelessly in support of our troops and vets.

I truely appreciate the sentiments that have come from many CC members. You can never know how much comfort I have taken in reading the comments.

Gwynn

Gwynn I am so sorry for your loss. I learned a lot from your wife on these boards and she will be truly missed. She lived life in a truly inspirational way and it makes me feel so sad for all the people she helped. I hope hope people on cruise critic will carry her torch and continue to do the kinds of self less acts your wife did with poor children and military members.

Thank you for sharing her with us for all of these years......

Archived