Specialty Restaurants Sambas Grill+Giovannis+Dog House

DareM

Hi, in 2 weeks time we're cruising on the Radiance. It's not our first RC cruise but it is the first time we've been on a ship with Sambas Grill+Giovannis+Dog House

What difference is there between the Giovannis & Portofino?

Is Sambas Grill nice?

How much does the Dog House cost? Is it worth it? (I mean they are hot dogs really)

Thanks

Hot dogs are free. To me, they were just ok. I only had one.

Samba Grill was very good, IMO. We had MTD, so were able to go for 1/2 price. As much

meat as you can eat, and it was very good. Didn't eat hardly any of the sides, some french

fries, and fried veggies. The desserts were very good, there were 3, and we had all 3 between

the 2 of us.

Can't answer about Giovanni's and Portofino, haven't eaten at either of them.

Hi, in 2 weeks time we're cruising on the Radiance. It's not our first RC cruise but it is the first time we've been on a ship with Sambas Grill+Giovannis+Dog House

Is Sambas Grill nice?

How much does the Dog House cost? Is it worth it? (I mean they are hot dogs really)

Thanks

The Dog House is a free venue. I have only been to Samba and Giovanni's on Oasis/Allure.

Samba is a fun festive atmosphere...they have a dancer that will come around....food is good...it's typical Brazilian Churrascaria where all meet is served off skewers. You must like meat to enjoy.

Giovanni is less formal than Portofino...more family style...more Tuscan fell to the atmosphere.

Is Sambas Grill nice?

Thanks

This is a photo of the Boardwalk Dog House menu onboard Radiance:

2005133940103130516S600x600Q85.jpg

There is a link in my signature with more Radiance photos, including a few of the specialty restaurants :)

Thanks, I wasn't sure the Dog House was free.

I've been checking Giovanni's menu and it seems very nice. We have tried Portofino on our 4 cruises and it seems they're substituting the Portofinos for Giovanni's as the Radiance had a Portofino before the refurbushing.

debshomespun ¿How did you get the Samba 1/2 price? We have the normal dining time but didn't know you could get it 1/2 price ¿does it only happen with MTD?

LuckiePuris Thanks, I'll just go now and check your photos. Radiance was our first cruise, before this years refurbushing.

Archived