Gem Rescue Oct. 29th

michaeld1978

On October 29th, Norwegian Gem responded to a call from the US Coast Guard who had received a distress notification from Sanctuary, a 39-foot sailboat. The entire Gem team rallied together to courageously rescue the passengers from the sinking boat in very extreme weather conditions. Dmitrij Danilov - Chief Officer, Jose Salas Guaithero – 1st Officer, Piotr Drazek – Sr. Boatswain, Ryan Jason Conlu – Ordinary Seaman and Hernan Soto – 2nd Engineer went out in the rescue boat and were assisted by 42 additional crew members from Deck and Engine, Security, Medical, Care Team & Guest Services.

These photos show the rescued guests on the bridge before they disembarked in New York City.

Thank you again and congratulations to the

entire Norwegian Gem team!

Rescue.jpg.9ffda98bf4299878f062278c2d9c3b97.jpg

Rescue2.jpg.675697c1ba12b1c24c077fe9c2ad2b06.jpg

Rescue1.jpg.159207a1e121b6f1be50734cf14f5705.jpg

On the following Sailing. Too bad you can't make that "letter" larger. Please see the "GEM Mermaid Charms" topic in the Gem roll call thread. There is a Pic of the "Mini" medal(U.S. NAVY"Commendation" medal) I presented to the Capt. The rescue is just another "Shining Example" of this crew's Going "Above & Beyond" in the course of duty.

Bill(DrFootball)(CWO-4(Master Chief Warrant Officer) U.S. Army Ret./Med. Active duty 1979-1984, U.S Army Reserve 1984-1990)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life".

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

On October 29th, Norwegian Gem responded to a call from the US Coast Guard who had received a distress notification from Sanctuary, a 39-foot sailboat. The entire Gem team rallied together to courageously rescue the passengers from the sinking boat in very extreme weather conditions. Dmitrij Danilov - Chief Officer, Jose Salas Guaithero – 1st Officer, Piotr Drazek – Sr. Boatswain, Ryan Jason Conlu – Ordinary Seaman and Hernan Soto – 2nd Engineer went out in the rescue boat and were assisted by 42 additional crew members from Deck and Engine, Security, Medical, Care Team & Guest Services.

These photos show the rescued guests on the bridge before they disembarked in New York City.

Thank you again and congratulations to the

entire Norwegian Gem team!

Thank you for posting the details and photos!

I was on the Gem that day; as I've said before, the Gem's Captain did an amazing job and the crew members who went off in the lifeboat were incredibly courageous. Thanks, OP, for posting those photos!

For anyone who missed the thread with the rescue discussion, photos of the rescue operation, and video links, it's here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1509340&highlight=gem+rescue

On the following Sailing. Too bad you can't make that "letter" larger. Please see the "GEM Mermaid Charms" topic in the Gem roll call thread. There is a Pic of the "Mini" medal(U.S. NAVY"Commendation" medal) I presented to the Capt. The rescue is just another "Shining Example" of this crew's Going "Above & Beyond" in the course of duty.

Bill(DrFootball)(CWO-4(Master Chief Warrant Officer) U.S. Army Ret./Med. Active duty 1979-1984, U.S Army Reserve 1984-1990)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life".

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Here is the link to the letter on NCL's Facebook page :)

Archived