New to Regent with questions

landingsduffer

We are considering our first Regent cruise on the Voyager (8/24/12, Stockholm to London) and have some general questions about the cruise line. Am I correct in assuming that you can cancel up to 4months out without penalty? I think you lose a $200 admin fee, but do you get the deposit back or is it credited toward a future cruise? Can you wait to get insurance til the final payment is due and what about pre existing conditions. I read that you would select excursions 120 days ahead but concierge level rooms can select them 240 days ahead. Is it a problem getting what you want w/o paying extra for the higher level accomodations?

Any tips/dos and donts/ would be appreciated along with tips on good excursions/must see places would be most helpful. Thanks.

Read thread about 12 down "Travel Insurance" there is excellent info about travel insurance and people to talk to in order to get best advice!

As for Regent cancellation policy I believe you are correct about 120 days and $200 fee...

Welcome to Regent Board:)

You would get a refund of your deposit as long as you cancel prior to the penalties, less the admin fee, which can be applied to a new booking made within a year of cancellation.

Insurance can be bought up to final payment. After that you would have to go with an independent company, which many prefer anyway. I may be wrong on this, but I don't think Regent insurance covers pre existing conditions, but if you go on the website there should be some information regarding their insurance. I believe it did cover pre existing for a time, if you paid the insurance with deposit, but not sure about that at this point, I would have to look it up myself. We prefer to use CSA when we buy insurance.

I think there is a current thread about availability of excursions at 120 days, and it is a new policy, so not a lot of information yet with that particular question but it appears from the one thread that in most instances it shouldn't be an issue.

Welcome to Regent, you will be spoiled for sure. Just got off two weeks on Navigator, which actually is our least favorite ship, and we had a great time. Looking forward to our cruise on Mariner this time next year.

You would get a refund of your deposit as long as you cancel prior to the penalties, less the admin fee, which can be applied to a new booking made within a year of cancellation.

Insurance can be bought up to final payment. After that you would have to go with an independent company, which many prefer anyway. I may be wrong on this, but I don't think Regent insurance covers pre existing conditions, but if you go on the website there should be some information regarding their insurance. I believe it did cover pre existing for a time, if you paid the insurance with deposit, but not sure about that at this point, I would have to look it up myself. We prefer to use CSA when we buy insurance.

I think there is a current thread about availability of excursions at 120 days, and it is a new policy, so not a lot of information yet with that particular question but it appears from the one thread that in most instances it shouldn't be an issue.

Welcome to Regent, you will be spoiled for sure. Just got off two weeks on Navigator, which actually is our least favorite ship, and we had a great time. Looking forward to our cruise on Mariner this time next year.

That's a good one, "spoiled". Fantastic service and amazing suite (Voyager)! Not been to Navigator yet.

We love the Voyager--have 56 days booked on her in 2012.

Tips..if u like a steam room or sauna the Voyage has complimentary steam/sauna available--behind the Spa. Wonderful service here. If you like Caviar, every Sunday during breakfast they provide a typical Caviar set up in La Veranda. When you board on embarkation day you most likely can get a rsvn at any of the two specialty restaurants (Signatures, Prime 7) by

speaking with the Maitre'D when u board. This are in addition to your allotted one specialty restaurant rsvn per restaurant. Recommend making your specialty restaurant rsvns not on the second night or next to last night on board, the main Restaurant generally has wonderful menus (e.g., beef wellington, lobster) to compliment these nights (Captain's welcome, Captain's farewell) If Melissa is the bartender in the observation lounge (pls see pix of her attached she is in the middle) ask for a delightful Kir Royale or Martini with Blue cheese stuffed olives. Melissa's bartender service is outright intuitive, she is friendly, courteous and will remember your drink preferences instantly.

150.jpg.371f1377d7d0d26d5707a7de9c3df098.jpg

Recommend making your specialty restaurant rsvns not on the second night or next to last night on board, the main Restaurant generally has wonderful menus (e.g., beef wellington, lobster) to compliment these nights (Captain's welcome, Captain's farewell).

Do you mean "last night" or definitely "next to last night"?

Farewell should be on the last night :confused:

Thanks in advance for your answer - perhaps my English is not good enough to understand. :)

Do you mean "last night" or definitely "next to last night"?

Farewell should be on the last night :confused:

Thanks in advance for your answer - perhaps my English is not good enough to understand. :)

Hi Ralf

It is the night before last ie the penultimate night on board because the last night on board has a relaxed dress code as most people will have packed for disembarkation early next morning.

Alan

@Alan: Thanks a lot - my vocabulary gets much better while using CC.

"Penultimate" was totally new for me! ;)

Now I know what I have to consider when I do my reservations.

Kind regards

Ralf

On Sundays there is also a caviar set-up in Compass Rose.

When trying to make decisions from the menu, keep in mind that you can order appetizer size portions of main courses as well as larger portions of appetizers.

Try the crab legs in Prime 7. They are wonderful:)

On Sundays there is also a caviar set-up in Compass Rose.

When trying to make decisions from the menu, keep in mind that you can order appetizer size portions of main courses as well as larger portions of appetizers.

Try the crab legs in Prime 7. They are wonderful:)

You're right, TC, those King Crab legs are truly astounding!!!! ... however, I felt terribly guilty that I was only able to finish off about half of that magnificent creature, and I struggled mightily to get that far.

SO, in keeping with your second paragraph, I would like to add that afterwards I learned that you can ask for a smaller portion. In the future I shall do so, because as I said I felt horrible about letting half of it go to waste.

FYI, I am a BIG eater. I kid you here not in the slightest; it is a minor superpower I've possessed since my early teenage years. Notwithstanding that, I simply could _not_ do justice to the enormous heap of treasure which was placed before me.

Should have asked them to wrap it in foil for midnight....:)

Archived