Jewel aft or Liberty connecting cabins?

FrannyK

OK now, here's the update: Staying w/Jewel for flight time reasons, keeping 9256 for ourselves. Our friends just gave up 8168 and switched to 9254 (sort of next to us) for the convenience factor. I think this is the best situation possible under the circumstances. We have seen pictures of 9254 and it looks fine to them. We just really like being next door to each other :)

We could always switch cabins if connecting cabins become available in a desirable location before final payment. I will keep watching...But, I really really want to try an aft! In all our past cruises I've never been able to secure one so I just feel this is it! Maybe we'll love it, maybe not, but I hate to pass up the opportunity to try it.

I thank you all so much for your opinions and insights. Don't know what I'd do without these boards and the kind posters (usually ;) when planning a cruise!

You are most welcome and enjoy your cruise in my favorite cabin! :)

We totally enjoyed that cabin so much, that we are thrilled to snag it on her sister ship the Radiance for our Alaska cruise next year. Will be able to see both sides of the inland waterway as we cruise....looking for whales and Orca!

Cabin size does not matter to us,....it is roomy balcony that we adore. You should love it!

And the long walk to the stairs and the elevator is just something that will wear off those extra portion desserts anyway! ;)

Those D2's used to be E1's before they decided they could make more money when selling them......They added that Category D2 a couple years ago........But really those cabins are the E Category Size.

The D1's on deck 10 on Liberty are more square footage, they are not the same size as what you are looking at on Jewel.

Jimbo:)

If you're talking about 9256 and 8168, they used to be D-1s. RCI changed them to D-2s because they only sleep two people. So they're actually making less money on them now.:rolleyes:

OP, if you would like to see the obstruction your friends will have, have a look at my Radiance and Diamond album on Webshots (follow the link in my signature). It's the starboard side, and your friends will be on the port side, but it will give you a good idea. I don't think it's awful, but I predict that they will spend tons of time on your balcony. Maybe you should get them an extra key.:)

Archived