N. Majesty leaves NCL 2006

spoiler

Sad, but true, so we've heard. :( We LOVE the Majesty -- been on her four times to Bermuda, with #5 coming up in May. We will definitely miss this little ship! I surely hope they find another ship to take over the Boston to Bermuda run, though they'll be hard pressed -- big ships won't fit through the cut in St. George's, so they'd have to dock at King's Wharf -- not the greatest place to be....

According to NCL, 2006 is the last year the Majesty will do the Boston to Bermuda run before being turned over to their other line, I forget the name. We also heard this from the CD, staff and Tatiana (she sells cruises on board the Majesty).

I sailed aboard Majesty once in January 2003 and absolutely loved the ship. I've only sailed one other time aboard NCL with Norwegian Sea, but it didn't come close. I found the Sea, even after the major rehab, to be dark, unimpressive and absolutely screaming of the 1980s.

It is a shame that Majesty is leaving the fleet. I'll likely try to sail on her once more before the depature.

Looks like SS Virgo will replace the Majesty in the NCL fleet - my guess is the Wind will replace the Majesty out of Charleston. NCL will have POA, POAM, and POH doing the Hawian market before too long - my guess also is that SS Virgo may replace the Crown on the South American itinerary during the winter months - or maybe the Sun will replace the Crown and SS Virgo will replace the Sun out of New Orleans, or maybe the ??? will replace the ??? out of ???.

Looks like SS Virgo will replace the Majesty in the NCL fleet - my guess is the Wind will replace the Majesty out of Charleston. NCL will have POA, POAM, and POH doing the Hawian market before too long - my guess also is that SS Virgo may replace the Crown on the South American itinerary during the winter months - or maybe the Sun will replace the Crown and SS Virgo will replace the Sun out of New Orleans, or maybe the ??? will replace the ??? out of ???.

I think you have the best plan ???? out of???? will be the????:D

Archived