Freedom of the seas 9632 conundrum

Britnatize

Okay, so we wanted a hump cabin and our TA said that 9632 was available so we grabbed it. Then, after a bit of research on these boards, realized that it was a connected cabin and most likely had a chair versus a sofa in the room. I wrote our TA back and she assured me (based on convo w/RCI) that it indeed had a sofa. What is everyon'e experience with the connecting rooms? Should I trust the TA's answer or opt for another D2 room? I DEFINITELY want a sofa vs. a chair on the hump. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that your connecting room will have a chair not a sofa.

If it is a sofa it will be the small loveseat size that they normally have in an "E" category room.

My first cruise was on the hump in an adjoining room.

Never again. They guy next door yelled at his wife all week and he would turn the tv loud at 7:00 am every day.

You can really hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had connecting D1 cabins on Mariner and there was a sofa. Both cabins were the same as a non-connecting cabin except there was a door on the wall opposite the foot of the bed. With the door shut, you could not hear my kids arguing, tv or music! :D

We had connecting D1 cabins on Mariner and there was a sofa. Both cabins were the same as a non-connecting cabin except there was a door on the wall opposite the foot of the bed. With the door shut, you could not hear my kids arguing, tv or music! :D

At least you could have told your kids to be quiet if necessary...if it's a stranger..security will have to do it :eek:

Thanks for the input...I think we are going to go with it. I looked at the pictures of JS cabin 9634 on cruisedeckplans.com and it appears the connecting door is by the balcony, which would probably mean it is opposite from the foot of the bed in 9632. Maybe whomever booked the JS will decide they need the connecting D1 and we will be so lucky to get bumped up :rolleyes:!! Fat chance.

Archived