Infinity AquaClass Cabins Question

reginab1979

We recently booked an Alaskan cruise for May on Infinity and have reserved an new AQ cabin on Deck 11 aft. Right now these cabins don't even exist and will be added as part of the "Solistizing". We liked the idea of this aft cabin because the balcony will be a little bigger but have some concerns because it will be directly over the bar on Deck 10. We were wondering if people would be able to look up from the bar at our balcony and if we would hear constant noise from the bar below. Anyone have any comments about this?

Since, as you noted, these staterooms don't exist yet any comments would be pure speculation. The specifics of the design aren't even available yet, I don't believe.

True. Perhaps I'm just looking for the "speculation". The deckplans are available but not the specifics of each room, although I'm sure somewhere Celebrity has the details of the layout.

True. Perhaps I'm just looking for the "speculation". The deckplans are available but not the specifics of each room, although I'm sure somewhere Celebrity has the details of the layout.

The blog on another thread on this board will be discussing the AQ cabins and Blu next week.

The blog on another thread on this board will be discussing the AQ cabins and Blu next week.

That's terrific. I suppose until someone actually experiences one of these new aft AQ cabins we won't really know the positives and negatives associated with them.

True. Perhaps I'm just looking for the "speculation"...

Purely speculating: If I had to I'd guess there would likely be privacy and/or view issues for the cabins looking over the aft bar. I don't see how they could avoid this.

There is also no reason to beleive the aft cabins to be added to deck 11 will be any larger than a standard veranda cabin on the ship. The fact that the existing aft cabins, none of which are AQ, on decks 7,8 and 9 are larger is irrelevant. Celebrity's goal here is apparently to add as many people as possible since they are eliminating some great features of the ship in order to add cabins. From that it is logical to presume that given the choice of making the aft verandas large or using the space for 2 additional side facing cabins that they'd add the two cabins.

Of course all this speculation is pretty useless when we'll be able to get the actual facts in about 2 weeks.

I would be more worried about Cigar and cigarette smoke from that aft area below. It looks to me like the balconies of the new aft cabins do not fully extend out to the rear of the ship and cover the Sunset Bar below. The sunset bar is one area where Cigars are allowed.

Archived