Will gas prices affect cruise prices?

The price of gas doesn't bother me; my diesel Jetta Wagon gets 47+ mpg per gallon.

I hope gas hits $4 a gallon. For too long, people have been buying gas guzzling suv's. This helps send more $ to middle eastern countries which not only increases our trade debt, but also finances terrosim as well.

American vehicles consume 10% of all the world's oil. This needs to stop. Get a diesel- in the last three years, the money we have saved instead of driving the gas hog Honda CRV has more than paid for our last cruise.

Guess you don't mind the high particulate levels spewed by your diesel. Maybe that's why they cannot be sold in MA or CA. Ever go to a big city in Europe? Wonder why your throat is so raspy by the end of the day? One word - diesel.

RCL made major cutbacks in food quality. I am hoping no one at CCL is reading this, but I think they could cut back in food quality sub in frozen pizza instead of the fresh stuff,.

Dsclark,

Bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any ideas........I hated RCL's pizza!

Spoilt

20 miles! I complain about driving more than 8 miles. Everything is close to me and the way I plan things I can use a tank of gas for 6 weeks. :D :cool:

WOW ! ! Lucky you ! !

I fill my Chevy SSR at least twice a week ($53-58 per fill). I'm fortunate, however, in that my business pays all the fuel bills. The people that buy houses pay my energy bill ! !

The problem is one of SUPPLY and DEMAND. Simplest formula in the world. More countries (particularly former 3rd world counties) are starting to use much more energy as they catch up to us in their standard of living (cars, tvs, appliances, air conditioners, etc.) This just drives up DEMAND on the world markets.

There are those of the political bent that think (and would like you to think) that its the "rascally" oil people's fault (ask you stock broker if its a good idea to buy oil company stock), yet consistently PREVENT huge oil reserves in American territory from being taken. The success of the Alaskan Pipeline is an embarrassment to them.

These same people poo poo nuclear energy, yet shudder when you tell them more people die from accidents drilling and transporting oil in our country in ONE MONTH than have died in the entire history of our nuclear energy program.

These same people also consistently PREVENT the construction of new refineries in California (for example) which is the major cause of "spot" high prices for gasoline in California (the cleanest gasoline in the World). I paid $2.59 yesterday.

I don't think the increase in oil prices is going to significantly affect the pricing of cruises, however, I do think it will significantly affect the "ability" of the American consumer to afford cruises, Unless we wake up and start using critical thinking in our energy policies.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate the "each according to our needs, each according to our abilities" people cluttering up the thinking process.:mad:

Guess you don't mind the high particulate levels spewed by your diesel. Maybe that's why they cannot be sold in MA or CA. Ever go to a big city in Europe? Wonder why your throat is so raspy by the end of the day? One word - diesel.

Modern diesels put out a lot less particulates than you think. If you think diesels put out too much particulates, blame the fuel, not the motor.CA tightened the amount of Nox that can be outputed and the states that follow CARB (MA, NY,etc) followed suit.

Diesels do put put out less CO2 than gasoline motors. I guess you must like global warming.

More diesels are on the way, though. Currently, the US has the worst quality diesel fuel in the world. In 2006, fed regs will mandate clean fuel with a sulphur content of under 15ppm (currently, fuel has 500ppm). This will allow european cars with modern emission equipment to run without clogging up.

Modern diesels can meet all epa regs, but also produce less green house gas (CO2), cost less to run, use a lot less fuel, and produce better performance than their gasoline counterpoints.Any arguement to the contrary is rooted in ignorance.

Modern diesels put out a lot less particulates than you think. If you think diesels put out too much particulates, blame the fuel, not the motor.CA tightened the amount of Nox that can be outputed and the states that follow CARB (MA, NY,etc) followed suit.

Diesels do put put out less CO2 than gasoline motors. I guess you must like global warming.

More diesels are on the way, though. Currently, the US has the worst quality diesel fuel in the world. In 2006, fed regs will mandate clean fuel with a sulphur content of under 15ppm (currently, fuel has 500ppm). This will allow european cars with modern emission equipment to run without clogging up.

Modern diesels can meet all epa regs, but also produce less green house gas (CO2), cost less to run, use a lot less fuel, and produce better performance than their gasoline counterpoints.Any arguement to the contrary is rooted in ignorance.

Let's not forget that a diesel engine will last longer than a gas engine. Guess I need to look at the 5.9L Ram 2500 :D

Let's not forget that a diesel engine will last longer than a gas engine. Guess I need to look at the 5.9L Ram 2500 :D

My best friend ignored my advice to go diesel and bought a Dodge Ram with a hemi. It guzzles gas, and he wishes it had more tq for his fifth wheel trailer. He told me that he wished he would have gotten the diesel.

I like my Jetta- it is nice being able to go 700+ miles before having to stop to refuel. If I were to drive from CA to FL, I'd only have to stop for fuel three times!

My best friend ignored my advice to go diesel and bought a Dodge Ram with a hemi. It guzzles gas, and he wishes it had more tq for his fifth wheel trailer. He told me that he wished he would have gotten the diesel.

I like my Jetta- it is nice being able to go 700+ miles before having to stop to refuel. If I were to drive from CA to FL, I'd only have to stop for fuel three times!

I know what you mean. My Brother had an Avalanche and was b****ing every time he had to fill up.

Diesel, IMO isn't cheap either but the mileage can make up for it.

20 miles! I complain about driving more than 8 miles. Everything is close to me and the way I plan things I can use a tank of gas for 6 weeks. :D :cool:

Are you driving your puppy in the picture for $2.60 a gallon also?

My station has water:D

Archived