Bit of a blog – Navigator of the Seas – E Caribbean – 8 nights – 26th November 2011

I know this is of little comfort...what I learned from this blog is not to take the first cruise in from a repositioning. It is my experience with RCI when things don't go exactly as they should instead of the Royal Gold Service you get the Royal Run Around. I would much prefer an honest answer even if it's not the one I want to hear.

We sailed 12/4/11 and one week later it was easy on, easy off.

Linda I have visited London and fell in love with the UK. Gardening is my hobby and as you know it's a gardeners paradise. I recently found a victorian herb wheel from the UK that I have been unable to locate in the US. Wonder if that means I should consider returning? Would love to go to Chelsea Garden Show.

This wasn't the first cruise in from a reposiitioning.... they arrived in from the TA on the 20th.......

I've never been to the Chelsea Flower Show.... maybe I need a visitor to go with! ;)

Wendy : when you're done with the food menus I'll pop on some ship pics that I have and if people ask : ports of call otherwise I think this bit of a blog is pretty much done. I can see the views counter going up but the questions have dropped off.

I will be posting Day 7 tomorrow and Day 8 on Saturday. Then I will be done with the menus!!

I will be posting Day 7 tomorrow and Day 8 on Saturday. Then I will be done with the menus!!

You've been awesome and I've loved sailing with you and catching up now we're home. I've yet to try out any of those wonderful gluten free recipes in the book you gave me!

NN

You should not have had your other thread warning about "certain views" taken down.:(

Hi,

I appreciated the support some of you showed but I had not meant to cause offense to any, however few. Being labelled a voyeur hurt in the extreme and whilst the thread hadn't been pulled I just felt uncomfortable being flamed however mild.

I still have the pic and should the topic arise I will respond appropriately. I only came across it when I realised I hadn't uploaded all my pics to Facebook. I still have plenty to post here with regards to the artwork and various interior and exterior spots on board but the wind has gone out of my sails for the moment.

A friend of mine on board has written to Adam Goldstein (sp?) with regards to the embarkation situation.... I've yet to do that.... been working and coping with the build up to Chanukah/Christmas but I have promised to do that by the weekend..... ooops.

Any chance the rest of the menus are able to be posted? It is a very hectic time of year so obviously understand if too busy but thought I would ask. They have been a big help in planning! Happy Holidays!!:)

Hi,

Unfortunately the person who had the menus and was uploading them is currently temporarily out of action. Hopefully she will be back online soon. As soon as she posts them I will pop them on here.

Happy Chanukah and Christmas to everyone and thanks for your company during this blog. Next episode will be Independence 4 days to Cork in May. First time for me in an inside, sailing with DD, SIL and baby who will be in a JS.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the menues Breezy and Norberts Neice. Can either of you tell me if the Day 6 menu is for the second formal night? Thinking about going to one of the specialty restaurants that night since the menu doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks for the menues Breezy and Norberts Neice. Can either of you tell me if the Day 6 menu is for the second formal night? Thinking about going to one of the specialty restaurants that night since the menu doesn't appeal to me.

Hi,

I was at the Mystery Dinner Theatre for the 2nd formal night. Day 6. So yes. Of course things may change.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Have throughly enjoyed your blog and pics!! I am going on a similar cruise Feb 4th. St Marteen, St Kitts, San Juan Puerto Rico and Haiti. Any must see stops at these places and how did you get around..ship excursion or did you go out on your own.

Anything you wish you had done that you didnt?

Anything you wished you had packed that you didnt?

Thanks for your advice :D

Hi and thanks for the lovely comments.

Been home over a month but already booked to go back to the Caribbean in November on a B2B. I have to see more of San Juan and St Kitts.

I honestly don't know if my St Kitts experience is down to our wonderful tour guide, Royston, who I can't recommend highly enough, the beautiful people I was with, I had the best roll call experience EVER, the fact that I was travelling solo and felt as free as a bird..... no idea.... St Maarten with Bernard's tours was lovely too but for me not as big a draw. Both excursions were booked independently and organised by my lovely new friend Patty who I met via Cruise Critic on the roll call.

The stop at San Juan was too short IMO. I tolerated the heat but due to my mobility issues did not cover as much ground on the walking tour as I could have had I been younger and fitter. Then again the free trolley bus is a great resource. I will probably take an excursion on my return as doing a B2B I arrive 2 days before the cruise, the turn around day and more than 1 whole day after to take a guided excursion out of town at some stage.

I planned my packing carefully and wore pretty much everything I had brought with without recourse to the laundry. I flew business class so had ample weight allowance. For the B2B I will likely have to use the laundry service on board as I will be away a few days more and flying in the cheapest seats (got me a balcony for the 2 weeks!) I have a very laid back approach to wrinkles (in clothing) ;)

What I would have liked to have done was to have visited the Everglades in Florida. There wasn't enough time before my flight home to take an excursion and before the cruise I enjoyed being with family and meeting my new friends.

Going off topic.

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew and passengers of the Costa Concordia which ran aground overnight.

Archived