Eclipse Thanksgiving- my take

kk99

I wanted to book Thanksgiving on the Eclipse next year - wasn't thrilled with the AG convention, but booking an aquaclass cabin gave us enough insulation that I would do it again, but Celebrity is not offering ANY one week cruises from South Florida next Thanksgiving. The Eclipse is a two week cruise, and all the other ships but one will be overseas or leaving from Puerto Rico. Judging from the age of the passengers on this Thanksgiving cruise - even taking into account the AG families, and their dolls - LOL, the demographics for a holiday cruise was younger than usual - I think most of the passengers were not retired, including my husband and me, and this would preclude the majority from booking a two week cruise at that time of the year. The only offerings for a one week cruise from the company is the Oasis and the Allure, with a large holiday surcharge in the pricing and tons of kids.

I guess it is back to Holland America for us. Pity, because we loved the Eclipse, but Celebrity and RCL are making some weird decisions lately. As a RCL shareholder, I hope they don't affect my bottom line.

I dont understand why theses people are bitching about the Ag group. When you cruise on a holiday there are allways tons of kids. What do they ecpect.

Well here's the thing...We share opinions and experiences on these boards and most posters do so respectfully. People are different... That's my opinion and I didn't even have to use nasty language:D

I wanted to book Thanksgiving on the Eclipse next year - wasn't thrilled with the AG convention, but booking an aquaclass cabin gave us enough insulation that I would do it again, but Celebrity is not offering ANY one week cruises from South Florida next Thanksgiving. The Eclipse is a two week cruise, and all the other ships but one will be overseas or leaving from Puerto Rico. Judging from the age of the passengers on this Thanksgiving cruise - even taking into account the AG families, and their dolls - LOL, the demographics for a holiday cruise was younger than usual - I think most of the passengers were not retired, including my husband and me, and this would preclude the majority from booking a two week cruise at that time of the year. The only offerings for a one week cruise from the company is the Oasis and the Allure, with a large holiday surcharge in the pricing and tons of kids.

I guess it is back to Holland America for us. Pity, because we loved the Eclipse, but Celebrity and RCL are making some weird decisions lately. As a RCL shareholder, I hope they don't affect my bottom line.

Join us Benita on next year's Thanksgiving cruise. It sounds like we will not have a plethora of children since it is a 14-night cruise, not a 7-night like this year's Thanksgiving cruise. Plus it won't be a big theme cruise (I hope).

Kathy

Hi everyone,

Lakelodge, the formal nights were Sunday and Thursday on our cruise. You will have a great time and hopefully great weather.

eyeglassbrad, I think I said in several places that the children were mostly well behaved, and I do like children. I just don't want them in adult only venues, just like I'm sure they wouldn't want me to hang out in their fun factory space(although I'm not half bad on the video games- lots of practice with the younger relatives)

I do value everyone's opinions, and I did have a wonderful holiday, since any day not at the office and being with loved ones is a great day. I always believe that any business can have room for improvement and can learn from any small glitches.

One thing that I saw on Celebrity that I was impressed by were all of the special meals for those who need gluten free, diabetic, kosher, etc. I saw this in both the buffet as well as the specialty restaurants. So kudos for Celebrity offering the variety that everyone might need.

Thanks to all for the positive comments, and I hope your future cruises are wonderful.

Thanks for the additional responses.

Linda: I see you are leaving in a few days on your Constellation cruise. You probably recall we were booked for that cruise but cancelled because I wasn't sure if I would have knee surgery this fall. It looks like I will have arthroscopic surgery in January (should get date this week), and we could have gone on the Constellation cruise after all. Enjoy your Constellation cruise!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I remember your having to cancel. Too bad it was in vain. Good luck with your knee surgery and we'll see you on the Eclipse next Thanksgiving.

Join us Benita on next year's Thanksgiving cruise. It sounds like we will not have a plethora of children since it is a 14-night cruise, not a 7-night like this year's Thanksgiving cruise. Plus it won't be a big theme cruise (I hope).

Kathy

Thanks for the invite, but taking two weeks off in season is tough. Also, to be totally honest, if I was to take two weeks off, I would look to go to Europe or Asia. I like cruising, but rather go sightseeing.

Archived