IOS Aft Cabin Confusion??

Marley-Bop

Hi all

Can anyone help, I reserved deck 9 aft cabin 9704 (corner aft) with RCCL for our first TA on The IOS for November 2012. I completed the booking with my TA who gave me a better price and also advised that I let 9704 go and take 9706 as this was a higher grade cabin and 9704 only had a single door with a smaller balcony. I took her advice and changed cabins.

I had a call from RCCL a couple of days later asking if I wanted to proceed with my booking. I told her I had booked through my TA and changed to 9706 due to the single door etc! She then said 9704 did not have a single door and was suprised I had given up the corner aft! :eek:

Im so confused, who's right here.....Should I have stuck with the corner aft? Anyone have any info on these cabins and which is better?

Hi all

Can anyone help, I reserved deck 9 aft cabin 9704 (corner aft) with RCCL for our first TA on The IOS for November 2012. I completed the booking with my TA who gave me a better price and also advised that I let 9704 go and take 9706 as this was a higher grade cabin and 9704 only had a single door with a smaller balcony. I took her advice and changed cabins.

I had a call from RCCL a couple of days later asking if I wanted to proceed with my booking. I told her I had booked through my TA and changed to 9706 due to the single door etc! She then said 9704 did not have a single door and was suprised I had given up the corner aft! :eek:

Im so confused, who's right here.....Should I have stuck with the corner aft? Anyone have any info on these cabins and which is better?

I have been in #9708 on Indy...you should have kept #9704 corner aft and hard to get.. They are the same catagory cabin..No way would I have changed to #9706 and one reason is, it's a connecting cabin to #9708.. One good reason to always have a deckplan in front of you when making a booking or changing cabins..you would have spotted this quickly..Best of luck..Hope you can get the corner aft back :)

Hi Ashland

Thanks for your reply, I suppose I stupidly believed my TA when she suggested 9706 was a much better cabin and just took her word for it. On the deckplan, 9706 is an E1 and 9704 is an E2 although I dont understand the differences between the catagories?

I never even noticed that it was a connecting room until you said so I might have to see what else is available and try and move cabins! So annoyed at my TA though as she told me the corner aft had a single door and a smaller balcony so I thought I was getting a better deal and even paid a bit more to move next door! :mad:

Has anyone stayed in 9704 that can confirm single or double doors?

I might have to take back what I said about my TA :o

Found so many sites that say different things about 9704 but just found this from RCCL:

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), sitting area

(some with sofa bed), private balcony and private bathroom.

Rates vary from deck to deck. (16.4 sq. m (177 sq. ft),

balcony 6.8 sq. m (74 sq. ft))

Please note: Staterooms 9404 & 9704 have a single door

with a window and limited ocean view.

So not sure what to do for the best now, Im not happy that im in a connecting cabin but would rather have the double doors and an unrestricted view.....decisions, decisions???

Found so many sites that say different things about 9704 but just found this from RCCL:

So not sure what to do for the best now, Im not happy that im in a connecting cabin but would rather have the double doors and an unrestricted view.....decisions, decisions???

As I said personally for me, the connecting cabin would have been a deal breaker especially with it connecting to a RFS that would be occupied by a maximum of 6-8 people(we were a family of 6 adults in #9708) The TV with stereo system in our living room was on that wall next to the connecting door and I was always concerned about the volume..Hope your neighbors are considerate..Enjoy whatever you decide..the INDY is one of my favorites :)

I would not worry about the connecting cabin. I have been in that exact one and never heard the people in the RFS. 9706 is a good cabin, keep it. The first picture is 9704 smaller balcony, the second is 9706

9704.jpg.a80706db129b6e0e1b2225728e54e994.jpg

9706.jpg.545fcfcd59700c8af74fdcafdb5c5e32.jpg

Archived